• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
ts being one of them, but true to his word, he's heading back to the now network.
Yep and much like the road runner, it will be faster than you can say beep beep.

Exactly, I was on Sprint and luckily found an out of my contract and moved to AT&T for the Note. I'll be staying on AT&T at least until this contract is up.
Not me. Granted I could save money by staying on the AT&T contract ends and then switching over, but hell to the no.
I seen what the other side of the grass is, and it's not as green as they say.

TS

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
I don't know if this will help you guys or not, but I'm based in France and searching for 64Gb Note II availability.

A guy in a french Galaxy forum claims to have phoned Samsung France about the 64Gb version and been told "shortly, but no precise date yet..."

This is my first post here, so no links allowed, but if you guys can understand French and want the link, I'll follow with it shortly :)

Cheers

Charlie

Upvote 0
I don't know if this will help you guys or not, but I'm based in France and searching for 64Gb Note II availability.

A guy in a french Galaxy forum claims to have phoned Samsung France about the 64Gb version and been told "shortly, but no precise date yet..."

This is my first post here, so no links allowed, but if you guys can understand French and want the link, I'll follow with it shortly :)

Cheers

Charlie

yes please details?

Upvote 0
your english is better than my Franglais. Do you think it will ever come out soon? I reckon it will; be released just before the Note 3, the galaxy S2 has only just been released in 64GB!

You're too kind. I am actually English: a Yorkshireman to be precise. I just happen to live and work in France :)

I really have no idea if it'll come out 'soon'. I suppose that depends on what you mean by 'soon' :)

For me, a 64Gb version of this device would be a must: it's just aching to be used for mobile productivity, and that means apps. It also means diversions, which means more apps. And music. And books... The 16Gb version leaves you with less than 10Gb by the time you factor in the OS.

Currently I have a HTC Desire HD with a 32Gb sdhc in it, and it's full to the brim.

I'd like to think that if they do have a release up their sleeves, that it'll be before the end of the year, which would be OK for me. I can hang on until then.

Cheers

Charlie

Upvote 0
I know many people were looking for a 32gb or 64gb version. Expansys has both as "pre-orders"
Samsung Galaxy Note II (64GB, Titanium Gray) - Expansys.com UK
Samsung Galaxy Note II (64GB, Marble White) - Expansys.com UK
Samsung Galaxy Note II (32GB, Titanium Gray) - Expansys.com UK
Samsung Galaxy Note II (32GB, Marble White) - Expansys.com UK

They all state "unlocked and sim free," but no pricing or release date. Just wanted to post this up for those of you hoping to pick up one of those. I just hope that these are available for the US release.

Upvote 0
OMG they use up alot of gigs with bloatware! What's the 16 come with 8? I'll invest in a sd card but I hope we get the higher gig phones, also. That's an eye opener. (a lil sad)

I don't think you'll find any phones that have close to the actual. Most phones with both internal storage and micro sd, have partitioned internal storage.

The motorola photon has 16gb storage, partitioned with 3gb for apps only, 8.92gb for user needs and remainder for system use. Ltevo is similar. And i believe the sgs3 as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the same with the note 2

Reactions: almath
Upvote 0
I guess I'm spoiled by the galaxy nexus with no bloat. I want the 32 gig, I'm seriously gonna pass on the 16 (maybe).

See, I was never ever ever one of those people who ate slept & dreamed my next phone would be a Nexus. I figured that based on my wants, the Nexus was too limited for me and I don't rely solely on the cloud.
I realize each phone comes with it's own set of sacrifices but I wasn't willing to sacrifice external storage.

Also, it seems the cost from 16GB to 32GB is like $50. Many people say why spend that extra $50 when you can use that on memory cards. I think I've amassed enough memory cards that I'd much rather spend the money on more internal storage and the way I spend money..........whew....lem'me tell you....I spend that going to the corner store :D so Samsung or Sprint may appreciate me giving it to them.

Upvote 0
See, I was never ever ever one of those people who ate slept & dreamed my next phone would be a Nexus. I figured that based on my wants, the Nexus was too limited for me and I don't rely solely on the cloud.
I realize each phone comes with it's own set of sacrifices but I wasn't willing to sacrifice external storage.

Also, it seems the cost from 16GB to 32GB is like $50. Many people say why spend that extra $50 when you can use that on memory cards. I think I've amassed enough memory cards that I'd much rather spend the money on more internal storage and the way I spend money..........whew....lem'me tell you....I spend that going to the corner store :D so Samsung or Sprint may appreciate me giving it to them.

Well Sprint never had that great a selection at first, so I'll get bored with a phone and pick another. The Nexus was the phone that fit me at the time. I just get all caught up in the excitement!!! I'll pay for what I want no matter if it's full price, for real!!! :D

Upvote 0
In terms of a great lineup of devices, I see it comes in buckets. Sometimes its Verizon, others its AT&T and yes at times its Sprint. I personally think that all three carriers have a nice selection of phones for all types and being a Sprint customer i like what they have, but as always, I like many others want more, much more (to choose from) on one network. I want the Note 10.1, I want the Padphone, i want a Windows phone, etc etc, the list is endless.

TS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones