• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

69.99 hero or moment at best buy

For the record. I bought my wife a Hero from the store on November 15, and at the time they would not recognize the $99.99 price, because they said it was only for NEW customers. I went back today and they honored the $69.99 price.

i added a second line to my account last wed the day before thanks giving. they had the moment for 189 and i told them that their website had the moment for 99.99 and i showed them on my phone. they honered the price and gave me the moment for 99.99 because it was on their website wireless.bestbuy.com . now im gunna go back and try to my price match today for the 69.99 price.

i got my hero from sprint store the 29th last month. hopefully i can get a a price match ....

Yes.....

Upvote 0
You gotta love BestBuy price matching. I bought two Hero's 11-7-09 for 179.00 a piece as a new Sprint customer with a two year contract. They had a one day only web site sale on 11-15-09 for 99.00. I printed out the web site add, took it in and received my refund on both phones. They now cost me 99.00 a piece. Today I see this post, print out the add and they promptly gave me an additional 30.00 per phone refund. Now the phones ended up costing 69.00 a piece. Needless to say I gained back lots of points with the wife as well. She is finally getting used to the Hero. She was a simple flip phone user before. No problems with BestBuy on this latest price match for me. Thanks for the post. I appreciate it very much.

Jack

Upvote 0
still has it with $69 for 2 year contract extension. But you also need to get the $69 plan also.

Maybe the pricing is regional. This is in Central FL, see date and time lower right. This is what I see.
BBHeroAt179.jpg

Upvote 0
The mobile department is maintaining that they don't match their online prices. My wife got the 2 year extension less that 30 days ago at $179.00 for the phone. I guess I will try customer service, but are they bound by their price match policy to honor this price?

Yep, just goto the Customer Service counter, if they refuse it again tell them fine you want to "return" that Hero and Purchase another!

Morons they are... I got money back and they DO PRICE MATCH if you are within the 30 day period for the reason I just gave you above...

Be firm! Be nice, but don't take NO for an answer!
:cool:

Upvote 0
I got my phone on Nov 2 and just got back from Best Buy. Took a copy of the web ad and had no problems with getting the price match.

I just asked the CSR if she would price match for my phone that I got earlier this month and she looked puzzled for a minute until I said it seemed to be a cyber Monday deal. She said that is cool and credited my account. I love my phone and to get it for $70 is a great Christmas present to myself!

Thanks to the OP for pointing out the ad!

Upvote 0
I got my phone on Nov 2 and just got back from Best Buy. Took a copy of the web ad and had no problems with getting the price match.

I just asked the CSR if she would price match for my phone that I got earlier this month and she looked puzzled for a minute until I said it seemed to be a cyber Monday deal. She said that is cool and credited my account. I love my phone and to get it for $70 is a great Christmas present to myself!

Thanks to the OP for pointing out the ad!
I was on 10/29, and they told me no way. They really do mean 30. Grr.

Upvote 0
I purchased the Hero a few days ago online for 99.99 (still hasn't arrived), and I just called bestbuy mobile to have them price match, and they said they will not issue a price match because the online things are handled by an outsourced company the service rep told me as 'simplicity'.

I'm really pissed right now...

What should I do next to get them to price match?

Upvote 0
I purchased the Hero a few days ago online for 99.99 (still hasn't arrived), and I just called bestbuy mobile to have them price match, and they said they will not issue a price match because the online things are handled by an outsourced company the service rep told me as 'simplicity'.

I'm really pissed right now...

What should I do next to get them to price match?

I would take a copy of today's ad and a copy your your purchase statement into the customer service counter at your local BB. Also take a copy of their price match statement from their website.

Here is a link BestBuy.com Help

They should match the price.

Upvote 0
Whenever a customer service rep doesnt give you what you want/need, always politely, but firmly, escalate it up the chain of command. No matter what company you are on the phone with.

Not until you get to the top do you say something along the lines of "It too bad BestBuy is refusing to honor their price matching guarantee. I've been a faithful customer and have always been satisfied, but if you cant stand by what you alledgedly guarantee, then I'll have to cancel the order and take my business elsewhere."

Of course you then have to be ready to stand by what you say.

Upvote 0
Has anyone gotten this price and extended their contract with the one they previously had or did they make you get the $69.99 plan.

During the checkout process, a recommendation was on one of the screens suggesting that I keep my current Everything Family 1500 plan, which I did. I was able to choose. Not only that, but the 2nd Hero was $69 also!

Upvote 0
I would take a copy of today's ad and a copy your your purchase statement into the customer service counter at your local BB. Also take a copy of their price match statement from their website.

Here is a link BestBuy.com Help

They should match the price.

Thanks for the advice. The phone comes in tomorrow. I'll bring the invoice, the online ad, and the price match statement to my local bestbuy.

I hope it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones