• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

69.99 hero or moment at best buy

I just today got credit for returning my Moment, so was not eligible yesterday to upgrade. The Hero was priced at 69.99 even w/ an upgrade yesterday. Now I am stuck paying 180????!! Anyone know a way around this? My local BB does not sell Sprint phones anymore, so Sprint store has no competition as far as the Hero goes. GD, I want the Hero, but paying $110 more the very next day has me so disgusted I want to turn on my old piece of crap kyocera and ride it out... Arrrghhh...

Upvote 0
I just today got credit for returning my Moment, so was not eligible yesterday to upgrade. The Hero was priced at 69.99 even w/ an upgrade yesterday. Now I am stuck paying 180????!! Anyone know a way around this? My local BB does not sell Sprint phones anymore, so Sprint store has no competition as far as the Hero goes. GD, I want the Hero, but paying $110 more the very next day has me so disgusted I want to turn on my old piece of crap kyocera and ride it out... Arrrghhh...

I'm on the phone with corporate as we speak. I went to the store yesterday to have price match and the CS Rep said "that's online price only, I can't match it", so I went on all day thinking BB.com didn't match with BB retail. Called Corp, they said no she should have matched price. Then she asked for sku # to locate item online. I pulled it up online and the price is up again. GRRRRR!!!! Now she is calling local store to tell the, to price match per offer yesterday, this Bia is fighting to fix this crap!

Upvote 0
I would have waited about 4 more days, as you know these will go on sale just after Christmas. That would give you until the first week of the year for price match.

If you can afford the extra cash outlay right now - or the space on your credit card, get it this week for $180. And dont sweat it. 99.9% chance you get at least half of that back within a month.

Upvote 0
I considered waiting, but have been using a crappy old Katana since late Sept. (broke my Instinct screen) trying to wait for release of both Hero and Moment. Just got credit for my returned Moment ($149), so the extra $30 will not kill me! Just makes me ill I was that close to getting the same phone for $70!! Just hope I don't regret sending the Moment back...I made the right decision, right??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones