• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Is there a phone booster that works with Nougat. Phone has become more laggy. Clean Master by Cheetah Mobile no longer works with the update.
There's not a phone booster that works, period.

They are all proven to do more harm than good.

Google employs some pretty sharp folks, and they built a mobile operating system that doesn't need shady data-mining third-party apps in order to function. It can manage applications and memory just fine without any help, thank you very much. ;)

Upvote 0
I haven't noticed any lagging following the 7.0 upgrade. I wonder if the issue could be an incompatible app? What would be really helpful would be a way of seeing CPU usage by thread but since I don't know how to do that, I guess a surrogate could be battery usage: try checking if any app is using a lot of battery.

What I have noticed is that Bluetooth doesn't seem to automatically connect to paired devices any more. I also haven't managed to get the phone to work with my car since the upgrade - it worked fine before. Anyone else come across this and have they found a fix? Does re-pairing help (it's a PITA so don't want to do it if it's not going to help)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There aren't many obvious differences from a user perspective - improved notifications and split screen are the most prominent - but there are a few improvements beneath the hood that I guess help with things like performance, security, bug fixes etc.

I suspect that the issues people are having with Nougat will turn out to be related to some common app(s) as otherwise everyone's phone would have the same issues. Doubtless either Google or the app maker will fix this at some point. In the meantime, if your phone isn't working, then rolling back to Marshmallow (the previous version of Android) appears to be a no brainer ;)

Reactions: the lucky William
Upvote 0
There's not a phone booster that works, period.

They are all proven to do more harm than good.

Google employs some pretty sharp folks, and they built a mobile operating system that doesn't need shady data-mining third-party apps in order to function. It can manage applications and memory just fine without any help, thank you very much. ;)
So I am just supposed to leave the phone be laggy and difficult to use?

Upvote 0
Have you done a factory reset? After the Nougat update I did a factory reset, but my phone was so laggy I wanted to bash it with a hammer.

I gave it 2 weeks like that to see if it resolved itself. It didn't, so after we got the Sept security update I cleared the cache & did another factory reset, cleared the cache again & reset a 2nd time.

Probably was overkill to do it twice but at that point I had nothing to lose by doing it. It's been roughly 2 weeks, I've reinstalled all my apps & it's running smoothly again.

Upvote 0
Thank you.I know something.Is this Nougat still testing?Why the app would go wrong or something.While we users update this version in the meantime we are testing.I think maybe we can make some suggestions about the version improvement.:batdroid:

Nougat is out of beta and official - but that doesn't mean it's perfect. If you see something that you think could be improved, look for a "Help & feedback" option buried under a menu. There's one in Settings as well as most of the Google apps. That's the best way to get your feedback into the hands of the developers. :thumbsupdroid:

So I am just supposed to leave the phone be laggy and difficult to use?

I mean you can - or you can play detective a bit to figure out why it's laggy and difficult to use. More often than not, it's an app that you've installed. You can try rebooting into Safe Mode to diagnose that. If it performs better in Safe Mode than it does in regular usage, you've got an app problem.

You can correct some app problems by wiping the cache partition. This leaves your apps and data intact, but just forces the OS and apps to rebuild the temporary files it they use in order to interact:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time for about 10 seconds.
  3. An image of an Android lying on its back will appear.
  4. Press the Volume Down key twice until "Recovery mode" appears on the screen.
  5. Press the Power key to restart in "Recovery mode."
  6. An image of an Android with a red triangle will appear.
  7. Press the Power key and Volume Up keys simultaneously.
  8. Use the Volume keys to scroll to "wipe data cache partition" and press the Power key to select.
If that fails to help, a Factory Data Reset usually will do the trick:
Have you done a factory reset? After the Nougat update I did a factory reset, but my phone was so laggy I wanted to bash it with a hammer.

I gave it 2 weeks like that to see if it resolved itself. It didn't, so after we got the Sept security update I cleared the cache & did another factory reset, cleared the cache again & reset a 2nd time.

Probably was overkill to do it twice but at that point I had nothing to lose by doing it. It's been roughly 2 weeks, I've reinstalled all my apps & it's running smoothly again.

A lot of gunk (technical term) can get built up in the system over time, and this often gets exacerbated by a major OS upgrade. Performing a factory reset gets rid of that gunk and lets you start from a clean slate.

You should never have to live with a poor performing phone. Let us know what's up and I bet we can help. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones