• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 7/9/10 New phone procedures?

G

gzeshDP

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but there is such a huge amount of ever increasing information on this forum that the good stuff gets buried sometimes and difficult to sort out.

I just finally got my evo after reading this forum for what seems like an eternity and I'm a little confused as to the general consensus on best performance for the phone with what ROM which will not break features such as the camera and what over the air update?

My phone came with software vs "1.32.651.6" and I'm not quite sure if I should apply any other updates if I do plan on rooting (fully)? I feel like I've heard there are some good performance related and reception related fixes in the official updates so I'm tempted to do this. Should I not?

If i just want to use the stock ROM but fully rooted with the htc updates is this possible? Also what about getting flash working? (or a version of froyo for that matter..?) Thanks so much guys.

P.S. Any other "must dos" when first picking up the phone?

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but there is such a huge amount of ever increasing information on this forum that the good stuff gets buried sometimes and difficult to sort out.

I just finally got my evo after reading this forum for what seems like an eternity and I'm a little confused as to the general consensus on best performance for the phone with what ROM which will not break features such as the camera and what over the air update?

My phone came with software vs "1.32.651.6" and I'm not quite sure if I should apply any other updates if I do plan on rooting (fully)? I feel like I've heard there are some good performance related and reception related fixes in the official updates so I'm tempted to do this. Should I not?

If i just want to use the stock ROM but fully rooted with the htc updates is this possible? Also what about getting flash working? (or a version of froyo for that matter..?) Thanks so much guys.

P.S. Any other "must dos" when first picking up the phone?

rom manager is key application for me now that i have it working, avail on market

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones