7 inch tablet for $99 any thoughts

1. travioso

travioso Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

Some cons are the lack of official Google play store and development.
  3. max25002

max25002 Well-Known Member

If u have the money get If its Real Not TOTAL INTERNET BS but yea get it if u want
  4. max25002

The first pic does not look like ics (It Isnt ics) second pic Yea But why 2 different pics?
  5. travioso

Yeah I just noticed that.. Not even a forum here for it.. Just wondering if google play store can be made to work.. would be first tablet so don't have too many expectations... Just found another but lack of play store too.. 109

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=7E04A5AFFF7C75548021AAE48CD1AF0C#ip/Visual-Land-Connect-Android-4.0-Internet-Tablet-7-Capacitive-Multi-Touch-Screen-8GB-Memory/20657458?veh=aff&sourceid=17449873830543642071&wmlspartner=*7WaaTN6umc
  6. travioso

Beats me lol.. Seems like a legit company though..
  7. max25002

Just do what U Want ;)
  8. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Yes those are legit. BUT get it off Ebay so that you are covered by Ebay and Paypal in case something goes wrong. It's the same price on Ebay. ;)
    travioso likes this.
  9. travioso

Cool.. Thanks for the info.. I'll look it up on there too.. Was just kinda one of those hey its only 100 bucks and a new toy type thing.. Figured even if I don't get it someone else might like the info.. Ics at least..
  10. travioso

I want it lol..new toy.. :) the visual land is pre rooted at least.. Walmart link.. Even with no development at least its rooted..
  11. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

I got a couple of these for my babies and they are great, and also a stock custom rom with all google apps and 1GB on Ram for better multi tasking needs FRYS.com*|*COBY, they was on sell for $98 so check it everyday they always be on sell. But i also bought this just to add to my tablet collection Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" Tablet Android 4.0, http://www.frys.com/product/7019281?site=sa:adpages%20page:Mon_p22

12. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

13. travioso

Both seem great.. For 50 bucks more though I think I'd lean towards the dual core 1.4 with 1 gig of mem... Is there devs working on it?
  14. eljefe0000

15. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

That's legit here in China, may not be quite so legit elsewhere.
  16. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Yeh legit in the PRC.

To be frank, I don't recommend this course of action at all. For a start GTT is full of sorry tales of disappointment, about buying cheapo tablets from China on Ebay. Especially that Walmart is apparently selling them for the same price.

1) Buy from Walmart. If it goes wrong(as these things frequently do), you just take it back for an exchange or refund.

2) Buy from whatever Shenzhen or Hong Kong vendor on Ebay. If it goes wrong, well you have to ship it all the way back to China at your expense. There quite a high chance of DOA as well, due to the apparent lack of testing and QC in the factories. Good luck raising an Ebay dispute, you'll be waiting weeks.

Thing is, there's some very good reasons why a tablet like this is only $99 and an equivalent Samsung, Motorola or Asus, might be $300.
  17. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

I've never seen these specific tablets at wal mart. Not in the US that I've ever seen though. Unless they are online. Cheapest tablets that I know of at Wal-Mart is the Kindle Fire at $199. My Wal-mart sucks horribly though so I don't know either way.

Shipping to China on items I've bought has never been that much. Plus I've always got my return shipping refunded if there's ever been a problem ;)

I would personally buy from Ebay, obviously NOT from a person that has 98% or less feedback. ;)
  18. eljefe0000

i got mine from ebay the aurora II theres a guy shipping them from the west coast