7" Polaroid tablet micoSD card problem! :confused:Support

1. iDowngrade

iDowngrade Member

I have an Polaroid tablet 7 inches and I have this problem: when I try to download anything it says "sd card required to download _____" and I have an external sd card inserted!. Ok then I go to settings- storage. And it does detect the sd card but it doesnt detect what is inside of it; let's say the ad card is detected but in settings-storage it says 0.00Bytes of total size, not of amount available.

If you help me it would be re-greatly appreciated, and I'd you didn't understand what I said, I can make things clear for you; please help, thanks.

Note: I've already tried formatting the tablet, doesn't work

Advertisement
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

Welcome to AF iDowngrade :hello: I don't know your device very well but I am going to move it to the Polaroid 7 tablet forum to get you some better feed back.
  3. OutOfPhase

I have been asking around about this problem for you and we have 2 ideas.

1. Did you format the tablet or the sd-card? if you formatted the sd-card which format did you use fat32 or something else?

2. What size and class is your sd-card because there is a chance it is not compatible with your device.
  4. iDowngrade

iDowngrade Member

1. I formatted the tablet itself with a factory reset option

2. It is an 2gb microSD Kingston card. And I'm sure it is comPatible to the tablet , because I was able to use it before, it stopped working from one day to another.
  5. iDowngrade

iDowngrade Member

bump help
  6. OutOfPhase

Sorry got busy. What format is the sd-card? Can you put the sd-card in a pc and see if it can be read?
  7. iDowngrade

iDowngrade Member

Connected to a PC and it worked

NOTES:
    -Remember, it worked before on the tablet, it kinda stopped working from a day to another /or i did something I didn't knew.

-I've already tried 2 microSD the one that came with the tablet, and an external/new-but-same-TM-microSD
  8. OutOfPhase

ok. I know that you have to find a way to mount the sd-card I just don't know how to do it. let me do a little research.
  9. OutOfPhase

have you installed any apps around the time this happened
  10. iDowngrade

iDowngrade Member

No because I can't, I require the sd card to download anything
  11. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

My suggestion would be to take the card out, put it in your computer, save anything off of it to a folder, format it with this: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

transfer back anything you saved from it, reinsert it into your tablet. :)
  12. iDowngrade

iDowngrade Member

Cool, trying it tomorrow, 12:11am rite now
  13. iDowngrade

iDowngrade Member

Just tried what you said and it's the exact same thing, any other solution?
  14. Mikestony

So as of now, you have 2 sd cards that you have tried, and both are not recognized by the tablet?
  15. iDowngrade

iDowngrade Member

Correct, sir!
  16. iDowngrade

iDowngrade Member

bumpie
  17. Mikestony

Just refreshing my memory by reading back thru some of the posts....according to your first post it detects the card but says 0.00 gb available. Does that apply to both cards?
  18. iDowngrade

iDowngrade Member

That is also correct
  19. Mikestony

At this point, I would try 2 things:
    A. Blow out the sd card port with some "Air in a Can"
    or
    B. Borrow or buy another sd card and put it in your device to see if it reads it.

I know you said you reset the tablet already...how old is the tablet...is it still under warranty?
  20. iDowngrade

iDowngrade Member

A. : Already blowed the card, didnt work
    B. : Also tried that, didnt work neither

the tablet is about 6/8 months old, and if its still under warranty, i bought it in United states, and i live in Dominican Republic.

Argh... I beleive i wont be able to use my tablet ever again, what a waste of money...
  21. Mikestony

Just a quick question, are you inserting the sd card first, and then powering up?
  22. iDowngrade

iDowngrade Member

you mean, power up from off?? or from standby? i do from standby
  23. iDowngrade

iDowngrade Member

turned it off then turned it back on and still not working