7 seperate wallpaper images in Sense UI?General

Last Updated:

1. watsonstudios

watsonstudios Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to have 7 different images as backgrounds/wallpaper as apposed to one large image that scrolls? I saw a TV commercial with an android phone (not sure which carrier) but as the person scrolled thru the 7 screens, there was a different background image/wallpaper on each of them. It definitely was HTC Sense UI that I saw in the commercial.

If not, is there an app that can do this?
    Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. watsonstudios

Update!! The TV commercial was for the HTC Hero on Sprint showing a different wallpaper for each of the seven screens.

3. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

There's a reason that they say "screen images simulated". To my knowledge, the Hero does not have that feature either. The ones I used certainly didn't.

4. watsonstudios

After watching the commercial, I think what they are showing is the different "scene" possibilities. Even though you can't change scenes in that way. Each scene can have a different wallpaper but I guess you can only have 1 wallpaper per scene. So I guess it is a bit deceiving how they show it in the commercial. So you are correct about the "simulated" part.

Oh well, would be a great feature though.

5. Needsdecaf

Yes.

One of the things that was touted about the Android experience was that it has different "profiles" on the home pages. As in "wouldn't it be nice to not have your work email staring you in the face? You can do it, just switch home pages."

Instead, it's really just an extension of the main menu, just scrolling pages.

What would be cool would be if it switched other profile info like ring settings, etc. But I still like the phone.

6. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

I wish you could customize the scenes that are already on your phone. They seem useless since you can't edit them. I know you can make your own, but if that was the case, don't give us any premade.

7. Needsdecaf

What do you mean you can't edit scenes?

8. watsonstudios

I'm getting my phone today so I might not know the answer to this but I am assuming you can edit the pre-made scenes that come on your phone but just can't save over them - just create a new user scene. So basically you can't save over the stock scenes. (but I could be wrong)

9. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

yes you can't save on the stock scenes which makes it pointless.