• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

$70 credit for premier customers still available

On the phone now, and they said its not a prob to get the $70 credit, so between that and the $5 going green credit this month's bill is paid.

They could not tell me if the $10 evo fee would get my discount or not until the bill posted... He said some people said no and some yes, i was like thats not very reassuring since i was told it would have the 20% off on it.

Upvote 0
That was me! My one year is in August, but I was able to get the $70 credit plus $10 off every month. :)

I got it on 1 line that was out of contract and the other 2 still had 4-6 months to go. I have my line which will be at the 1 year in a few weeks. Before I go and upgrade that line I will be calling back in and trying to get the $70 for it too.

Anyone get it for the airave line?

Upvote 0
got it on chat, had to ask for supervisor and mentioned that i have been with them for over 6 years and its not right to treat loyal customers differently since i have been reading about it online people who upgraded to the evo were still able to get this credit. I also brought up that other supervisors have told people that if they renewed and got the credit they could still use the upgrade discount, so that if i had known about it and done it before i would have gotten both. Both the original CSR and the supervisor kept saying you could not club both offers, but after i brought up the over 6 years, that i am a sprint premier customer as well, and the fairness if others were getting it with the same situation as myself she looked at my account and gave it to me. Already posted to the account, balance is only $10 now. Plus, I have only upgraded twice, which includes the upgrade to the evo, in the close to 7 years even though i could have done it more often. Had the katana for awhile since i was waiting for the diamond, and could have upgraded that last November but waited for the HD2 which never came, but luckily the EVO came along :)

Upvote 0
Finally! I had to really go off on them, but they'll finally owned up! It's pretty long, but i want you guys and gals to see how they give you the run around and have to stay firm and be persistent if you know facts..

8:33:23 PM :​
Chris C: Could you please provide me the details of your concern?
8:33:45 PM :​
Harris: Well im tired of getting the run around so im coming back to the source

8:34:23 PM :​
Harris: I was talking with a Rafi earlier who was supposed to apply the $10 for 24 month premier discount to my account

8:34:40 PM :​
Harris: now he told me to call account services and they could do it right away for me

8:34:46 PM :​
Chris C: I am sorry for the inconvenience caused you could not get help.

8:35:07 PM :​
Harris: i did that and account services was absolutely no help at all

8:35:24 PM :​
Chris C: Please allow me to check this for you.

8:35:28 PM :​
Harris: i dont get why they keep blowing me off

8:35:55 PM :​
Harris: I've been with Sprint 12 years+ and i've never been treated this badly

8:36:12 PM :​
Chris C: Could you please provide me the line on which you want the discount?

8:36:45 PM :​
Harris: the 6175 line

8:36:58 PM :​
Chris C: Thank you.

8:37:08 PM :​
Chris C: Please allow me to check this for you.

8:37:12 PM :​
Harris: ok

8:37:43 PM :​
Harris: i was also told about a $70 credit, can you check with someone on this also

8:38:11 PM :​
Harris: im not understanding how they are so inconsistent with this information

8:38:19 PM :​
Harris: one person say yes and another says no

8:38:23 PM :​
Harris: i dont get it

8:38:33 PM :​
Chris C: I am checking the details.

8:38:39 PM :​
Harris: ok thank you

8:41:03 PM :​
Chris C: Thank you for your patience.

8:41:44 PM :​
Harris: no problem, but im beginning to get a little impatient with this issue

8:44:38 PM :​
Chris C: I have checked that the Promotional offer of $10.00 has been expired on 06/01/10. This offer is not available as of now.

8:45:17 PM :​
Harris: so someone LIED to me yesterday when they said i could excercise that option

8:45:41 PM :​
Harris: and again today when i spoke to a rep earlier

8:46:04 PM :​
Chris C: On the line #8540 is in last 6 moths of contract satisfaction. You re eligible for $70.00.

8:46:12 PM :​
Harris: someone is clearly lying or no one has the facts straight

8:46:23 PM :​
Chris C: Other lines are not eligible for the discount.

8:46:28 PM :​
Harris: you can apply that

8:46:59 PM :​
Harris: how can i be promised the other offer if it expired, can you tell me that?

8:47:04 PM :​
Chris C: Yes.

8:47:38 PM :​
Harris: good thing i checked to see if it was applied today, because it wasnt

8:47:40 PM :​
Chris C: However you need to renew two years contract for this line.

8:48:03 PM :​
Harris: i would have to renew now?

8:48:25 PM :​
Chris C: I will apply the credit on your line for $70.00.

8:49:04 PM :​
Harris: ok, but will it affect my full upgrade eligibility on that line?

8:50:01 PM :​
Chris C: There is one offer is available at one time.

8:51:16 PM :​
Chris C: Can I provide the credit of $70.00 on your account?

8:51:57 PM :​
Harris: will i still be able to upgrade 8540 like i normally would? when i am ready to

8:53:16 PM :​
Chris C: Yes. This line is eligible for $150.00 early up gradation.

8:53:41 PM :​
Chris C: The contract will renew for two years.

8:55:12 PM :​
Harris: so let me make sure i read you correctly.. I will get the $70 credit TODAY, if i renew my contract 2 years TODAY?

8:55:50 PM :​

8:55:51 PM :​
Harris: But im not ready to get a new phone on that line so i want to still be able to get the automatic discount when i am ready to change phones

8:57:16 PM :​
Harris: so the $150 discount still applies when i am ready to change phones??? even if i renew my contract today?

8:57:42 PM :​

8:58:02 PM :​
Chris C: In future, You want to upgrade the phone you can do this.

8:58:12 PM :​
Harris: ok, can you please note that so i will not have this issue when i am ready to upgrade

8:59:02 PM :​
Chris C: Yes. I will make a note on this concern.

8:59:52 PM :​
Harris: ok.. back to the $10 thing.. What can you do about that, because apparently i was lied to and that wasnt my fault

9:00:14 PM :​
Harris: im guessing if the girl had of applied that yesterday i wouldnt be having this problem today

9:00:36 PM :​
Chris C: I apologies for the wrong information you had.

9:00:36 PM :​
Harris: but here i am trying to show you that you guys have made a mistake and need to correct it

9:00:50 PM :​
Harris: i need to speak with someone who can help me then

9:01:18 PM :​
Harris: because i will not let it go that 2 people have said yes the credit will be applied and 2 people have said no

9:01:31 PM :​
Harris: thats not making any sense what so ever and you know im right

9:01:57 PM :​
Harris: if you were in the same situation you would have the same concern

9:02:49 PM :​
Harris: i've never had to go through an issue like this with sprint in more than 12 years and i dont see how it can get worse now

9:02:59 PM :​
Chris C: I understand. Let me explain it to you.

9:03:58 PM :​
Chris C: We value your association with us and the offers that I have mentioned are only for the valued customers. We do offer various promotions based on the need of the customer.

9:04:35 PM :​
Chris C: $70.00 one-time credit, handset rebate and $10.00 per month credit are the offers.

9:04:44 PM :​
Chris C: These offers cannot be combined together.

9:05:12 PM :​
Harris: so i want the one i first asked you about.. the $10 per month

9:05:23 PM :​
Harris: this is the one i was promised

9:06:20 PM :​
Chris C: Let me check.

9:11:41 PM :​
Chris C: I can see that it is a discount offered by retentions team. Therefore, please contact retentions at 1-888-211-4727.

9:12:19 PM :​
Harris: i called them twice already and one said it would be applied and the other said it wasnt

9:12:30 PM :​
Harris: im not calling them any more

9:12:41 PM :​
Harris: The reps are rude

9:12:56 PM :​
Harris: and when i asked for a manager i was told i could not speak to one

9:13:02 PM :​
Harris: im done with them

9:13:51 PM :​
Chris C: It is not possible for me to add $10.00 on your account. However, you are eligible for $70.00.

9:13:51 PM :​
Harris: one of them hung up

9:14:22 PM :​
Harris: this is what i ment when i said i was treated badly..

9:14:25 PM :​
Harris: i dont get it

9:14:36 PM :​
Harris: someone needs to own up to their mistake

9:14:50 PM :​
Harris: and just apply the credit

9:15:22 PM :​
Harris: My question is, how can you apply the $70 but not the $10?

9:15:33 PM :​
Harris: is there a manager you can relay this to?

9:16:31 PM :​
Chris C: The offer for $10.00 has been expired, it is not possible to add this $10.00 promotional offer.

9:18:15 PM :​
Harris: you say that, but how can it be offered to me yesterday and then confirmed again today if its not possible

9:18:29 PM :​
Harris: if you had a valid answer for that then i would undertsand

9:18:41 PM :​
Harris: otherwise anything else doesnt make sense

9:18:55 PM :​
Chris C: However, you line #8540 is in last 6 months of contract satisfaction. You can get $70.00 with renewal of 2 years contract.

9:18:55 PM :​
Harris: they shouldnt have offered it and said it was applied if it was expired

9:19:03 PM :​
Harris: thats my problem

9:19:34 PM :​
Harris: i already understand that, but apparently both of them cannot be combined so i want the $10 one

9:20:19 PM :​
Harris: Also if your telling me it cant be applied and you told me to call retentions, then what are they going to do differently, besides give me the run around for the 3rd time

9:20:55 PM :​
Chris C: To better assist you, I will connect you with a Sprint Supervisor. Please remain online while your chat is transferred.

9:21:01 PM :​
Harris: ok

blue.gif
9:21:56 PM :​
You are being transferred to another Agent. Please stand by...

blue.gif
9:21:56 PM :​
Chris C has left this session!

blue.gif
9:22:01 PM :​
Tanner J. has joined this session!

blue.gif
9:22:01 PM :​
Connected with Tanner J.. Your Reference Number for this chat session is 436881.

9:22:46 PM :​
Tanner J.: Hello. I am Tanner J supervisor of Chris.

9:22:53 PM :​
Harris: hi

9:23:11 PM :​
Harris: im grown very impatient with the way this has been handled

9:23:12 PM :​
Tanner J.: I understand that you want to add $10.00 discount option on your account.

9:23:29 PM :​
Harris: in 12 years with sprint i have never had such an issue

9:23:35 PM :​
Harris: yes that is correct

9:24:01 PM :​
Tanner J.: I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

9:28:36 PM :​
Tanner J.: I have added $10.00 discount on the account. You will receive the discount on the account from the next invoice onwards. To add this, I will also have to renew the contract.

9:29:09 PM :​
Harris: to which line?

9:30:22 PM :​
Tanner J.: The contract on primary line 7821 needs to be renewed as the discount will be adjusted on the plan charges./

9:31:17 PM :​
Harris: will this effect upgrade eligibility?

9:31:37 PM :​
Tanner J.: it will not effect the upgrade eligibility.

9:32:04 PM :​
Harris: ok, can you please make a note of that, so i wont have an issue upgrading when it is time

9:37:44 PM :​
Tanner J.: I have placed a note on the account. You will not face any issue.

9:38:13 PM :​

9:38:30 PM :​
Tanner J.: You're welcome.

Holla at me! :cool:

Upvote 0
Bought my phone at BB on the 4th, saw this thread tonight and called in. I already have a $10 credit on my account, as well as a 23% discount.

Was told I couldn't get the $70, I had the choice between a $50 credit and my next bill just being free. Which do you think I chose? I also got them to adjust my employee discount to 25% like it's supposed to be.

Thanks to the OP for pointing this out! Worked out for me!

Pretty much what I'm doing right now (currently on the phone). $77/month (one month) or $50? Obviously one month free lol.

Upvote 0
Finally! I had to really go off on them, but they'll finally owned up! It's pretty long, but i want you guys and gals to see how they give you the run around and have to stay firm and be persistent if you know facts..

8:33:23 PM :​
Chris C: Could you please provide me the details of your concern?
8:33:45 PM :​
Harris: Well im tired of getting the run around so im coming back to the source

8:34:23 PM :​
Harris: I was talking with a Rafi earlier who was supposed to apply the $10 for 24 month premier discount to my account

[
9:38:13 PM :​

9:38:30 PM :​
Tanner J.: You're welcome.

Holla at me! :cool:

Did not know about the $10 thing, sounded like most people on here were only able to get the $70, but i am fine with that. Makes the upgrade only $147 when you factor in the upgrade charge of $18 and minus the rebate. Pretty good deal for such a good phone. Plus since i bought it at the sprint store i was able to charge it to my account so don't have to pay for it till the end of july. Went to BB but they ran out, so went across the street to sprint and found out i could do this. Was going to do it at BB because of instant rebate, but this makes it about the same as that since the rebate will most likely get here by the time I actually pay it.

Only on the forum a couple of days and already a lot of great things learned :) Thanks to all.

Upvote 0
The discount is system generated and is for people who are Premier Members and are within 6 months of their contract expiring (6 months prior or 6 months post)

If you call and decline it the offer does go away BUT you are still eligible for it (many reps don't know this and will deny you, ask to speak to a sup and they will apply it)

Also one thing many people don't know is that survey nearly every rep informs you of (phone survey from a 866/877 number within 24/48 hours) is VERY important to both the rep and sup, on question five they ask did the rep resolve the reason for you calling in.... If you answer "no" to this it can cost the rep AND sup thousands of bonus money (rep and team must be above ~90.19 in order to qualify for their monthly bonus. If you bring this up and how they HAVE NOT RESOLVED YOUR ISSUE they will nearly every time get the issue resolved.

I did not post this information for people to abuse the system but to better understand where sprint is coming from and why sometimes the rep may say the offer is not available./

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones