720p problems

Last Updated:

1. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am running CyanogenMod-6.0.0-Inc-RC3, with 2.6.32.15-g936f68f kernel, and 2.05.00.06.11 baseband version. I cannot select 720p in my camcorder settings. I also cannot select MPEG4 or H263. I can only select D1 and H264. do I need the 2.15 baseband for 720p? I didn't think I did...:confused:

Advertisement
  2. welbinator

ok, I switched to skyraider, and I can select all forms of quality (including 720p) and H.263 H.264 and MPEG4. why does CM6 not allow me to do this? also, on an unrelated topic, why is there no Backup Assistant with my CM6 ROM? Its there on my skyraider ROM, it was there when I pulled my Dinc out of the box. all I can find on the market is backup assitant for Ally. why no Dinc?

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

because backup assistant is an htc/verizon thing so it will not work on cm6 it needs htc messaging app i think

4. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

Not really, since the Ally has it, thats LG. Its just a weird thing. I dont think anyone really knows why. The Moto Droid didnt have it, the Ally does, all the new ones do. Its built into the operating system now since the Incredible.(ie droid x, droid 2 ect) So your essentially changing the operating system on the phone to something else that doesnt have it built in.I run skyraider, and like you said its there. But honestly with google sync, you dont really need bau that badly. Even BB does google sync, and most multimedia "3g" phones have gsync now.

5. welbinator

google doesn't always carry over all my contacts. one contact it kept forgetting to port over was my girlfriends number. kind of an important number. I like the BAU because I had used it before i had my incredible, so when I first turned on my incredible, boom there's all my contacts. in the future, if I happen to get a phone that is NOT google, I may not have the option of using googles backup. (although honestly, if Google hasn't taken over the world by the time my contract ends I'll be surprised)

anybody have any insight on the original question? Why won't 720p work on cyanogen mod but it works fine with skyraider?

6. n4sa

n4sa Active Member

I just flashed 6.0.0-N1 and it's not displaying for me either :\ Looking into it and will post any updates.

7. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

Google sync is available on every, well 98% of, verizon phones now.

What phone is cyanogen rom based off of? Im not a wiz with this stuff but arent Roms usually sometimes rips from other phones on other carriers that are modded and such? If this is the case, the phone its based off of didnt have BUA lol

8. Ptriz21

Ptriz21 Active Member

when i go to camcorder I don't have an option for 720p :( am i missing something? I'm on CM6 with 2.15 radio.

9. instigator008

instigator008 New Member

Just select High Quality (30m). That's 720p.

10. Ptriz21

Ptriz21 Active Member

I'm not seeing an option for anything is the problem. When i push menu all i get is "camera mode" and "gallery"

11. welbinator

touch the far right edge of your viewing screen, just left the record button. several buttons will appear. choose the second from the bottom, that is your video quality. (assuming your holding it landscape with home button to your right)