1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

720p video/3g hot spot and froyo soonGeneral

1. I can't wait for the forward facing camera to be activated via a otap
    roadhoop likes this.
  2. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member

Do people really pay another $20 a month for a hot spot, on top of the at least $90 a month for the service/data plan?!

Sure, id love to have the mobile hot spot, but ill be damned if im going to pay $20 a month for it. If my bill is already over a hundred w/ taxes, I wouldnt pay an extra $10 for it.
  3. 34.50

34.50 Well-Known Member

$90? What are you talking about? The minimum you'd pay for this phone is $39.99 (450 min. voice plan) + $29.99 (data plan) = 69.98 + taxes...
  4. mtollin

mtollin Well-Known Member

and another "birdy" being BGR and/or Pocketnow reported Verizon may drop Incredible due to lack of availability...
  5. mach330

mach330 Well-Known Member

so froyo update is with conjuction with the 720p? that would be great. i hope it's by fall? but then again, i just want an easier way to root so i can get wifi tether.
  6. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

And another "birdy" told me that each incredible is actually made of gold stolen by free masons from various European monarchies.
    cboahd, Zahav, Damn_Smooth and 5 others like this.
  7. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

I KNEW it!!!!
  8. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Will the OTA fix the unresponsive screen issue found in some Incredibles?
  9. soapinmouth

soapinmouth Well-Known Member

how soon would be first? and didnt HTC already say the other Euro HTC phones where getting 2.2 first?
  10. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

say again.?
  11. c_aus

c_aus Disabled

Ummm, there isn't a forward facing camera on the Inc.
  12. callmeox

[​IMG]
  13. 06Stang

06Stang Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Sorry but the sarcasm in the original post about the camera made me laugh...and so did the picture.
  14. c_aus

c_aus Disabled

You'd be surprised of how many posts people have made thinking the proximity sensor is a front camera...
  15. callmeox

No, I wouldn't.

Looking forward to the updates and the inevitable screaming when people find out that the frame rate on the 720p video makes it worthless.
  16. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Well-Known Member

720p is within the realm of possibility but if it is anything like the EVO 4G, I don't want it- horrible bit-rate, horrible codec, horrible audio.
    They should either do it right or don't do it at all. If it can't be as close as the iPhone 4, then don't even bother.

It definitely has the hardware but if it isn't implemented correctly, it will be horrible. Heck, I only get 15-22 fps on our incredible at 800x480 in low-light. I still get the low 9khz audio frequency.

The DINC uses the same Ominvision sensor as the EVO (http://www.ovt.com/download_document.php?type=sensor&sensorid=69).
    Omnivision's spec state it can do 1080p. 720p is doable with the right camera app, the right bitrate, the right codec, and the right write-speed.

When I plugged my DINC into the debugger, all I see are API calls to a Qualcomm camera drivers when the camera is on.
    This explains why the video/photos are horrible on both the DINC and EVO.
    HTC's Droid Incredible doesn't use a Qualcomm sensor. They use a Omnivision sensor.

So what does that tell me? They didn't write an optimized camera app for the sensor. They're using a generic driver for their camera app.
    When I plug in a Motorola Droid or any other Android phone, I see the right drivers being loaded up within their respective camera apps.
  17. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

LOL. I will believe the lil birdie when I see the OTA update message on my phone.
  18. r1dePrkCty

r1dePrkCty Well-Known Member

Now that's a great explanation, much appreciated. It's always nice to read comments like this.
  19. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

That spec sheet makes me mad. 1080p at 30FPS? 720p at 60FPS? And at 800x480 it barely pushes a decent frame rate? C'mon HTC! Make use of the hardware we paid for!
  20. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Maybe the 720p video upgrade is also a cover for releasing the right driver.
  21. Dex

Dex Well-Known Member

Look, I've been in this forum a long time.

Unless you saw a box, I don't believe you.
  22. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

and the pics? :cool:
  23. mdonova33

mdonova33 Well-Known Member

I know right?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  24. itbedave

itbedave Well-Known Member

LOL! $20 for 3G hot spot. This made my day! FU Verizon!
    Beckdroid likes this.
  25. nickreich

nickreich Well-Known Member