• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

720p video/3g hot spot and froyo soon

This is great and all, but why dont we have it already from the start?, if our phone's are capable of 720p, why would vzw not allow this, the evo's not running froyo yet.

Weather it comes or not, my phone has been, well....incredible to me.

-Scott

It's not that VZW wouldn't allow it. It's that HTC probably held back so they could release a new feature that would be a decent big deal and steal some spotlight away during the Droid X launch.

That, or the drivers and coding just weren't ready yet for the Inc at launch, so they decided to wait.

There's a lot these phones are capable of, but has not yet been implemented.

Upvote 0
Just give me 2.2 already so I can enjoy my phone even more. If I want to tether I will simply use pdanet. Sure it's not a hotspot but at least it's free and you don't have to pay 20 more dollars to the money hungry a-holes. 720p will just drain my sdcard and and kill the battery even faster. It's time the batteries catch up to the phones. No I don't want a battery that is as thick as the phone either!

Money Hungry A-holes?!?!

Are you serious? The whole reason you even have a phone, and pretty much anything else, is because some entrepreneur at some point took a risk and developed a product. With his own money.

If you dont want to buy it, then dont. If you can come up with a better device, then do so. Then you can give it away free for everyone in your Utopian society.

Sheesh. What is wrong with people? The reason this country used to be the greatest nation in the history of the planet is because of competition driven capitalism.

Hopefully we can overcome the propaganda get back to that.

Upvote 0
the droid x has 720p video recording and wireless hotspot.
also wireless hotspot is free for rooted heroes, trust me my friend has one i helped him root
but wireless hotspot is a battery killer

But droid life is also reporting the droid x has the same problem as another new moto that's been out for seven months with no way to root

Upvote 0
Money Hungry A-holes?!?!

Are you serious? The whole reason you even have a phone, and pretty much anything else, is because some entrepreneur at some point took a risk and developed a product. With his own money.

If you dont want to buy it, then dont. If you can come up with a better device, then do so. Then you can give it away free for everyone in your Utopian society.

Sheesh. What is wrong with people? The reason this country used to be the greatest nation in the history of the planet is because of competition driven capitalism.

Hopefully we can overcome the propaganda get back to that.

There is nothing wrong with making money for your idea/inventions but too many companies are PRICE GOUGING and charging more than they really should for what they provide. SMS comes to mind.

Upvote 0
There is nothing wrong with making money for your idea/inventions but too many companies are PRICE GOUGING and charging more than they really should for what they provide. SMS comes to mind.

Market determines price, period. Assuming no outside (read- government) influences.

If the price is too high, the market wont bear it, and it fails. Simple. And brilliant.

Upvote 0
Market determines price, period. Assuming no outside (read- government) influences.

If the price is too high, the market wont bear it, and it fails. Simple. And brilliant.

Eh, the "invisible hand" is a cute notion, but not quite so brilliant in practice in an era of megacorporations and near-monopolies.

Still, VZW does what they can get away with to make as much money as they can, so... good for them, I guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones