720p video/3g hot spot and froyo soonGeneral

1. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

I love waking up to see what my drunk ass typed the night before :D
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

True, but what I meant was that the cost of the omnivision chip (which can do up to 1080p) is factored into their pricing of the device. So, we paid for it. It's not like HTC cut us a bit of a break by lowering the cost of the device since they haven't yet loaded a proper driver yet.

So, like I said, make use of the hardware we paid for. Hopefully a custom ROM comes out that gives us full capability.
    listen_silent likes this.
  4. Le0_Br4zUc4

Le0_Br4zUc4 Well-Known Member

I got the same info from a vzw person, someone higher, much higher then CSR.
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Man, would be nice if we were to be one of the first to get Froyo after N1. Hopefully this information is true. Stang DOES have the awesome HTC/Android Keychain, so sounds like it is.
  6. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

Holy sh!t testman is down!!!!111one :D
  7. 06Stang

06Stang Well-Known Member

Yeah but I'm not buying a 20 dollar key chain so I can say i told you so on some internet forum

And yeah thanks for confirming the Verizon info. The person that told me was above csr too
  8. kborer22

kborer22 Well-Known Member

I know a few people here seem decently excited about the prospect of getting 720p recording, but i'm personally not. IMO if im going to use a feature i don't want it to be half baked like 720p video on ALL cell phones right now.

Evo, IP4, Droid X they all have that "jello" effect as i've heard it referred to, and it really makes the video useless. IP4 probably does it best, but some of the video i have seen that include a good deal of movement and action it's still very crappy. Idk i suppose it's one of those marketable points for the phone. I guess i'm taking the "expect nothing" approach, if it does indeed happen and is completely useless i won't be disappointed, but if it works i'll be pleasantly surprised. My $.02
  9. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

The hotspot and 720p would be enough to keep me from buying the X. Unless it had the front facing camera, the bigger screen might not be enough for me to make the switch. I hope we can get more info on this before the X is released.
  10. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

It was for the people that wanted to get one, lol... I'm actually thinking about getting one, I think it's cool.
  11. 93civiccpe

93civiccpe Active Member

Good'ish news for those looking for the keychains.. DX has them as a set of 4 (Green, Red, Blue, Black) for under $9 shipped, or $2.70 for a single one shipped in your choice of colors. I'm sure they won't have the "HTC" engraving, and I'm normally against most cheap knockoffs from china, but seeing as this is just a molded rubber item I figured you guys might want to save a few $$. Hope this helps:

DealExtreme: $8.10 Cute Android Robot Cell Phone Strap Set (4-Pack)
  12. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

I think proving Jesus would be more impressive LOL
  13. DEADMOUZ

DEADMOUZ Active Member

Deleted due to spam
  14. Needa916

Needa916 Member

If they are going to make claims of 720P, then shouldn't it be: 1280x720 progressive scan 60fps? Is there are 720p standard they have to follow?

Ya, It's not worth it if it will be 720p 20fps
  15. Thanks, my wife doesn't appreciate my sense of humor either. Glad someone did!
  16. mtollin

mtollin Well-Known Member

Don't get off topic. Didn't you know this was a key chain thread???:D
  17. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Does the keychain take 720p video?
  18. 06Stang

06Stang Well-Known Member

And froyo before our phones
  19. TheDanishDanger

TheDanishDanger Well-Known Member

I actually heard a rumor about this.
  20. hyp3r1

hyp3r1 New Member

I have an HTC Incredible and got the software update 2 days ago. 720p and 3G Mobile Hotspot is definitely on there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Colchicine and dan h like this.
  21. TXSooner

TXSooner Well-Known Member

Seems you are the only one to get this update.
  22. TheDanishDanger

TheDanishDanger Well-Known Member

Tell us more dude!
  23. SoulWeaponry

SoulWeaponry Well-Known Member

Wait. What?! Where did you come from?! And details please! OTA update? 720p @ 30fps? Sample vid?
  24. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Question...

Why does your Incredible say HTC uptop? instead of verizon? also Why does it says All Apps? instead of All Programs?

also noticed its your 1st post, hmmm can we believe him?

I really wanna believe you but its weird its your 1st post and those differences....
  25. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

Uhhh a few things. One, first post, really?

Second, it has HTC on your phone by the speakere instead of Verizon. What's the deal?