720p???Support

Last Updated:

1. skunis1

skunis1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

An answer to this question may be hiding in a thread somewhere but I figured I would make a new thread.

Can someone explain how a phone with a resolution of 800x480 will be able to record 1280x720 video?

Is it that the camera will record the video as 720p but if you watch it on your screen it will be dumbed down to 800x480? Then, the only way to watch in 720p would be to out it to your TV or your computer?

Thanks in advance for answers. :)

Advertisement
  2. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat Well-Known Member

I'm not following the question... what does screen resolution have to do with recording resolution?

You basically answer your own question though - anything (be it recorded or otherwise) at a higher resolution than the screen will simply be downsampled to the screen resolution, and yes, can only be seen at full resolution on a computer or TV.

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

1080p video recorders don't have a 1080p screen, so why would the Inc need a 720p screen? Also, the EVO has had 720p since its launch and it shares the same screen resolution as the Inc.

4. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't look to forward to the 720 update. I had a feeling and early people that have used the leaked OTA update have confirmed....it stinks! Just as bad as the Evo's 720 recording.

5. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

bc when you upload it to youtube you get a nice HD sticker thats on your video duhhh

6. skunis1

I knew I was going to get flamed on this question! LOL Man, you guys are just ruthless.

I know I basically answered my own question but I was not confident that I was correct.

So basically we can record in HD but not view it unless we upload it to a puter since we have no HDMI out.

Thanks for all the lovely responses! :p

eagleOne likes this.
  7. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Oh you can view it on the phone. It's just down-converted to a lower res for display on the phone.

8. skunis1

Right, that is what I meant. I just worded it wrong.

9. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

;)