77010e OTA Update - Improved Battery?Support

1. aagarchiexvi

aagarchiexvi Member

Hi all,

So I installed the newest 77010e update via OTA. I did not realize much of a difference, until I realized the most of the individuals here that experienced improved battery life had updated their phone via usb.

So my questions are:

1. Does this sound correct? Are the OTA updates inferior? and why?

2. How do I go about installing the newest 77010e update via usb? Is it still possible to update via usb, given that I already have updated via OTA?

Thank you!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

If you use your phone heavily you won't notice much, if any difference. I had a slight improvement as far as how long my phone went through the day before dying. Normally dead by 330 or so but I can squeeze 4-ish now.

Well, could... I'm on Aopk right now so idk because I have been molesting it all day and plugged it in at work.
  3. Matthew83

Matthew83 Well-Known Member

I did my update through my computer and I guess I see better life. I'm seeing more 12+ hours on battery but total screen time on is around 2 to 3 hours give or take.
  4. TJayDroid

TJayDroid Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that seems to have better battery life overall when I keep both Data AND Wi-Fi on all day? I can't figure out why, but I imagine it has to do with the weak tower signals both at home and at work (and not-too-long distance wifi at both places as well). Any ideas?

I've experimented with data-only and wifi-only with sync-on/off and, overall, it's better with both on. I say "seems" above, but my usage doesn't vary too much day-to-day (fairly static/same amount of rss feed reading, screen time on, music/podcast listening, etc.), so I'm pretty certain the battery benefit I notice with both being on isn't too subjective.

I can't say for sure if "E" has helped the situation, but it certainly hasn't hindered it.
  5. cjbandroid

cjbandroid Well-Known Member

Keeping WiFi on, and being connected to a network, will save power over having WiFi off.

The reason is that you're no longer connected to 4G or EV... etc... which uses more power than WiFi.

If you have WiFi on... and there is no connection, then you've also got 4G/EV on, and thats using more power.
  6. CTsnit

CTsnit Member

1> There is no difference in the update if OTA or USB loaded.
    -------> In the future you may want to update ur phone via USB as the downloads are much faster than OTA, especially if done in the first few days of release as everyone is updating their phone via OTA during that timeframe

2> You're better off just leaving ur current update in place if ur just going to go back to E.

FYI LG is no longer pushing E via OTA. Noticed this yesterday when I tried updating my second Motion
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Neither are they pushing by USB, too many people complaining of problems with E....I had no problems.
    If you want to update/downgrade, you still can here:
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4873870
    CTsnit likes this.