8.7 Beast and Beauty up...

Last Updated:

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On alldroid.
    Just so y'all know. Not everyone refreshes every hour like me :)

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Pete has to post an update before the mad 2.1 rush! :D

3. rhyno

rhyno Well-Known Member

To clarify, te beast version is .7.5 and includes: New Themed Car Dock, Maps Fix, OverClock to 1000mhz, cpu temp, new genie widget icons & Removed question marks)

4. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Annnnnnnd I have reboot issues with both versions.
    Waaaah Waaaaah

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Pete updates like a madman and he is KILLING my bandwidth. He has gone through over 4TB since I started hosting his stuff.

6. Geezer Squid

Geezer Squid Well-Known Member

Well, we appreciate it. :D

7. avongil

avongil Active Member

bugless beast is the greatest thing I ever did with my phone. It's now simply incredible. Wireless tether is amazingly fast!

8. Geezer Squid

I'm running BB7.5 and am having trouble with wifi tethering. Can you help me with settings? What are your settings in the wifi app?

Thanks

9. ChrisNee1988

ChrisNee1988 Member

What exactly is wifi tethering? Is that like having the phone broadcast a wifi network?

10. phaze3131

phaze3131 Well-Known Member

exactly

11. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

I'm still relatively new to the rooting thing, and sorry if this is asked many times, but how would I update and still keep all my settings? Just use the update.zip? I prefer going completely fresh with the nandroid backup, but get tired of reassigning all my ringtones and setting up homescreens.

12. drgonzo

drgonzo Well-Known Member

I had been wondering who the good Samaritan hosting those files was. How long have you been hosting them for? I only ask because I wonder if there was a noticeable spike in bandwidth use after the non-arrival of OTA 2.1 update in January. As I have a theory a huge amount of people rooted after that and it seems as though Pete's are the most popular ROM right now, around here anyways.

and thanks for hosting those rather large files for free. You've got a really fast connection btw.

13. Vanteal

Vanteal Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same..I'm a root noob..Probably shouldn't of done it because of that fact. But I did anyway..Now I don't know what I'm doing..I know I'm running Bugless beast..Haven't a clue what version, or how I would even update it. Also, I haven't seen anything about "wifi" teathering since I started using the bugless beast rom..Where/how would I find and install it?

14. Wisdom

Wisdom Well-Known Member

Updated from Beast 7.4 to 7.5 using the update.zip and I have had no problems so far. No reboots and only one FC on phone portal. I installed the tempmonitor (great program), and I'm not seeing any heat issues on the processor.

15. Geezer Squid

Exactly. The update.zip method leaves all your apps, files, data and setting unchanged.

16. Geezer Squid

Go here and follow the instructions for the Update.zip file:
    AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.7.5 (2/9/10)

You will find a Wifi Tethering program in your app drawer. (well you will after you install either 7.4 or 7.5).

17. drgonzo

When I installed B-Beast I had to manually install the WiFi tether app. The .apk is actually hosted on google (which I think is awesome, Apple would never host something like that for the iPhone). Heres the links to that.

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

And you can check out the latest version of Bugless Beast on the first page of the thread for it on alldroid under Pete's section.

AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.7.5 (2/9/10)

To update just put the update.zip in the first post of that thread in the root directory of your phone's SD card reboot into spRecover and choose install then choose install update.zip (deprecated).

Of course do a nandroid backup before updating. Just in case it makes your phone go all wonky.

You can also install by doing a nadroid recovery from a downloaded nandroid back up from that same thread, but if you use that option you lose all your apps and custom settings you may have set up. I personally haven't gone down that root (he he) yet.

18. Vanteal

Vanteal Well-Known Member

This is going to sound so noobish, And I apologize. I just don't want to screw up my phone...But how exactly do I perform a nandroid backup before I update?..

19. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

I have unlimited bandwidth on my servers if you want I can host them.

20. drgonzo

Its better to appear noobish then brick your phone.

This is assuming you already have the SPrecovery installed (which you should if you did any of the automated rooting). To find out turn your phone off, and while turning it on hold down the X key on the physical keyboard until you get into a recovery menu. If you have the SPrecovery you'll see a greenish gold android icon and some menu options. If not you'll see a weird exclamation point in a triangle (thats the factory stock recovery).

Once in the SPrecovery select 'backup/restore' (you can use either the digital pad next to the keyboard or the volume up down to move the selection, and then the camera button to select)

Then select simple nandroid backup

now your phone should think a bit and there will be a status bar that fills up a few times. Then it will say done.

Now if you screw up your phone flashing a rom just boot back into the SPrecovery and do a recovery instead. and it will bring your phone back to the state it was in when you did the back up.

21. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

I just updated to [ROM] Bugless Beauty V0.8.7

had one problem, after reboot, my phone lost its ability to clock past 550mhz...

any one get any ideas?

22. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

Beauty doesn't overclock.. you need Beast for that.

23. brettlewis

oh, haha. I thought thats what I downloaded. My bad. I clicked on the wrong download link. ha

24. brettlewis

Under the DL link for the new rom, there is an option for "Patcher 2.0 Lock Screen with Vibrate Tweak (credit to Xeudoxus) [2/7/10]" To load that up do I just reboot that into recovery as update.zip over the full update.zip?

25. dfran1

dfran1 Well-Known Member

For all the noob's like me just follow instructions here

[How To] Easily install Bugless Beast using only SPRecovery, Terminal Emulator, & zip - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

(Matth3w is updating this starting today so these step #'s may change)

If you have the bbeast on your phone you just need to do steps 34-42

If you have the bbeast on your phone you just need to do steps 46-40 wifi tether, the bbeast has everything ready for you but the app! (I had to do a nandroid restore cause I could not find this info until after I did it and screwed it up, a restore is very simple also)

and I copied this from another forum in case someone wants this method
    I hope this helps other noob's like me and I also hope I can post this info here!
    Thanks to all
    Good luck

Always remember to backup first (the stuff in bold), it helped me out, and restores everything to that point in time you created it (just like a ghost image of your computer)
    and like everyone else says
    DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! But it is really easy once you do it.;)