8 gb class 6 Adata at Frys $14.99 2/15General

Last Updated:

1. Mark16q

Mark16q Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No affiliation with Fry's, but saw they had the adata 8 gb class 6 on sale today so grabbed one before work. Copied all my files over and have to say, I'm very pleased.

My biggest gripe was with how long it took for the camera to boot up and take pics. It's almost instant now, and same for the photo gallery....way faster. Don't know what other app's hit the memory card but for this purpose alone, worth the $15 imo.

if it matters, this was the Woodland Hills, CA Fry's and at 8:00 this morning there were probably another 10 cards on the wall at least. It was limited to one per cust. or I would've bought a few more.

ymmv,

Mark

Advertisement
  2. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member

Wow that's a great deal. Too bad there is no Fry's anywhere near where I live. I'm trying to hold myself back from getting a 8GB Transcend Class 6 from Newegg for $20.99 with free shipping.

3. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

I just went on Fry's site (no Fry's stores where I live), and they didn't have that card listed for mail order; searching their site, I found an Adata Class 6 8GB card for 19.99, but it wasn't microSD.

4. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member

It's probably an instore special or something. I would look at Newegg they have some real good deals on class 6 microSD's.

5. Mark16q

Mark16q Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've found their website and in-store ads have nothing to do with each other. Hope some of you can take advantage of the deal though.

6. H2342

H2342 Well-Known Member

sorry for the noob question here but what is good about a class 6 card compared to the one we have installed?

7. mj_b90

mj_b90 Well-Known Member

Man, that's a steal! I wish there was a Fry's closer to me. Thanks for the heads up though!

Let me google that for you

8. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

There's a thread somewhere about the Class 6 cards; the device evidently runs faster than on the card that comes with the phone. They're pricey, though.

9. joetarin

joetarin Well-Known Member

MJ_b90: You fail so hard at trying to make it look like you owned the guy with a valid question with your stupid "let me google that for you" nonsense.

He wasn't asking about class differences, that pretty self explanatory. He was asking how a faster card is better than stock for the Eris.

The stock microSD card is a class 2 card, some people have experimented with Class 6 cards which have faster read/write speeds than class 2. It has been observed that stuff stored on the SD card such as pictures load faster. It has also been observed that the camera application is quicker and less laggy since it writes directly to the card. Accessing media faster seems to be the only advantage of a faster card now since apps are still stored on internal memory, not the SD card.

Hope this helps!

10. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member

Ty07... you got a link for this???