8 years as a Blackberry user, just made the switchGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Brausso

Brausso Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

8 wonderful years as a blackberry user have finally come to an end. I was on my 6th VZW Storm and finally said forget it. I love what BB has done for me, but I just felt it was time to move on.

I made the switch to the Incredible and wow, it's like learning a foreign language. I love the phone, the speed, power, apps, and everything else the phone has to offer. It's going to take a little while for me to get used to, but well worth it so far. Only thing I'm disappointed in so far is the battery life, but I'm reading a few things on this site that should help that out.

Thanks to everyone for posting all your ideas and findings on the Inc.

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Stay away from task killers.

3. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you but I only lasted a month on my first Blackberry. Absolutely hated it after using an iPhone for 3 years.

My Incredible should be here Wednesday! Can't wait...

4. armoredsaint

armoredsaint Well-Known Member

i switched from the bb tour just after a year, like everything else it has it's positives and negetives - i definitely like the incredible a lot more, but i do sorta miss bb messenger.

5. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I switched form a Blackberry FLIP.

This is my first time with a touch phone. Normally I would never get a touch phone, but I had such a great experience with the Zune HD - I thought I'd give it a shot.

And boy is it worth it. I'm definitely a touch screen guy now.

6. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

Hey guys. My website might help you guys out a little (or someone nervous about switching).

Blackberry to Android

7. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Please do me and everyone here a favor and do not judge the battery until after 7 full days have passed since when you took delivery of the phone. You'll find out of the box it will be dissappointing but a week down the road it will be another story.

Its sort of like the os .18 cv-rx i just put in my t-maxx. You have to run 5 tanks of nitro through it before its broke in. On the first tank its really rich and runs very slow. On the second tank you lean it out alittle and it runs alittle faster, still not impressive. On the 3rd tank you lean it out alittle more and it begins to show alittle life, but still far from what i'd expect from an engine of its class. On the 4th tank you lean it out alittle more and things start to come to life. On the 5th tank you lean it out alittle more and wow this thing really hauls. On the 6th tank you fine tune it and holy sh#t, this thing flies. Its so fast i can hardly control it in my yard. It pulls wheelies off the line with ease. Now this is what i was expecting from this engine. Its the same with cell phone batteries. If you judge it based on its first few charges you'll be dissappointed, but after a few charges it comes to life. And btw for those that don't know the t-maxx is a radio controlled monster truck, and the os .18 cv-rx is a nitro fueled racing engine. It provides alot (3-4x) more horsepower vs the stock trx .15 pro engine i had when i bought the truck new.

Its not exactly the best analogy, but it works ;)

8. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

I switched from a Storm as well, and love Android. A million positives, and a few negatives, eg. the biggest thing I am having to get used to is the email - it isn't unified into one box and it isn't push aside from gmail. Deciding whether to forward to gmail just to get that functionality is a quandry and I keep going back and forth. And waking it back up requires pressing the button at the top, but it would be nice if pressing the trackpad would do the same thing.

9. Brausso

So since I already downloaded and installed advance task killer, I should delete it?

What is bad about them?

10. Brausso

I agree 100% The reason I had BB for so long was for the ease of use for business purposes. I'm working with my company IT department to figure out the easiest way for email set up through the company.

11. keegan1014

keegan1014 Well-Known Member

what he said?????

12. norm807

norm807 Active Member

I did just switched from Storm to the DINC also and It is a night and day difference. I really only miss Podtrapper and the BB Messenger, but I am getting used to GTalk.

Forwarding to Gmail will probably work, but if you have gmail log in and get your mail off of your other pop servers, it is still a pull.

Just remembered one more thing I miss: The Storm had a magnet in it that if your hoster had one, it would wake the storm automatically when you pulled it out. This was a very nice feature.

13. Kyuss

Kyuss Well-Known Member

I agree with JWM2 above on the battery. While I've only had my phone since Thursday, I'm noticing the battery life get better and better with each charge/discharge cycle. When I got to really sit down and play around with the phone over the weekend I put some endless hours playing around with it so I've got a couple cycles in and it seems to get better after each one.

Edit: Also just wanted to add that the charging time is pretty impressive.

14. tcbj

tcbj Well-Known Member

Dont worry. The shaking will stop. For a while your unused Blackberry will look at you like a dumped girlfriend. You will feel guilt. But hey, if they were mor exciting you would have stayed with them, right. Now you have this wild, sexy,new phone to satisfy your needs.

Hope your happy now.

Oh, btw. Getting my incredible tomorrow. Gave my Eris to my kid today and using my tour.

Cant wait for tomorrow.

15. douger

douger Well-Known Member

Welcome to the dark side...

16. gobluejd

I briefly touched on this a few weeks ago.

http://blackberry2android.com/black...n-so-far-performance-and-email-bb-vs-android/

I plan on doing a longer, more specific entry in the next few days.

17. Brausso

18. trojanchick99

trojanchick99 Well-Known Member

I was only a BB user for 1.5 years, but I will not miss it. For me the ONLY think my Storm was better at was battery life and that can easily be fixed by a slightly bigger battery. It's not even a huge issue since I can go well over 12 hours a charge.

For me the best change has been Outlook sync. My employer didn't support BB Enterprise, so I could never really get true push email. Now I get true push email and calendar sync. I'm overjoyed.

19. gobluejd

Yes to all of the above and like I said a more detailed post in the next few days.

Also attachments are way better IMHO. No task support :(

20. Sodequis

Sodequis Well-Known Member

cool.... Im savage basher myself