800mhz or 600mhz?General

1. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

If anybody has this phone already, I would like to know what speed it is running at.

Edit* never mind. It's only 600mhz :mad:

Advertisement
  2. Can0dope

Can0dope Well-Known Member

I'm thinking I might get it next week... It doesn't really seem like much of a difference from the OG Ascend. Only dif I see is Gingerbread and 3.5mm Jack... But I should be getting a nice paycheck from all the OT I've been working, and getting this might help the community as much as you all have helped me.
  3. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Well-Known Member

The A2 has the MSM7627 chipset instead of the MSM7625 that the OG Ascend has, which makes it just about on par with the LG Optimus, with the primary exception that it only has 256MB RAM compared to the Optimus' 512MB. Since they share the same chipset, the A2 also has the same Adreno 200 GPU, which means it should play games a lot better.

Once someone is able to create a custom ROM for this (assuming anyone can get the source from Huawei, ha ha), I would expect to see overclocks comparable to some of those on the Optimus, exceeding 800Mhz.
  4. jhutch

jhutch New Member

and currently its clocked at 399.76
  5. cricketthater

cricketthater New Member

Im new here and dont know much about sp's but hopin to learn and chip in;) Im pretty sure mines runnin 800 but is there a way t check ? Ill b mad if that sales lady lied. I shouldve done my homework but phone was stolen and needed new like fast:{
  6. Nate12

Nate12 Well-Known Member

She lied to you 600 bud :-(
  7. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

cricketthater likes this.
  8. dazeone

dazeone Member

Temp+CPU shows CPU speed in real time plus available rambling more I have my ascend 2 clocked at 864mhz this phone is capable of multitouch n being faster as it said it was going to b released but they governed it so u would by newer phone with same specs
  9. meanm50

meanm50 Well-Known Member

Because this post died over 6 months ago bud. Thanks for the revival though!