800MHz ScorpionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have seen a lot of comments back and forth on this processor and the 205gpu. I know we won't have any real results until some benchmark testing can be done, but do you think the claims of it being just as fast or even faster than the 1ghz phones and having a better battery life hold water?

Anything is faster than my old G1, and I am do for an upgrade right about when this comes out. I just need it to be faster than my iphone 4/evo friends phones

Advertisement
  2. Zardos

Zardos Well-Known Member

I hope it comes out great. This phone is a company changer for me. vanilla android is so much better than any of these third party interfaces like sense or shitblur. I'm excited.

3. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

It'll probably be on par with it in terms of performance. Of course it won't match it in tests but in practice it'll probably be just as smooth as the iPhone and the Evo

4. csreborn

csreborn Well-Known Member

It will be on par or faster then the snapdragon in the N1, and the fact that it has Vanilla means it will be 100 times smoother then crap like the Galaxy S with Humminbird and TouchFAIL 3.0.

The GPU will make a big difference in things like Google Earth, games are not real prevalent on Android currently.

Mind-share wise 800Mhz will hurt it with the hipsters.

5. DroidDavi

DroidDavi Well-Known Member

for what i hear it was undeclocked for battery reason but 800 is pretty fast to be honest and its alot more than the that goes into a fast phone and im sure that the dev support will be crazy for this phone i mean as old as my g1 is CM6 is blazing

6. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

The Galaxy S WITH touchwiz is noticibly smoother than the Nexus 1 which has stock android and the Evo which has HTC sense.

True story

7. csreborn

csreborn Well-Known Member

Don't agree at all, I have both sitting on my desk right now at default settings, and there is no way the Galaxy S is smoother then the N1.

8. TheBlackPrince

Plus the Evo has an FPS cap so of course the Galaxy S will feel smoother

9. DroidDavi

DroidDavi Well-Known Member

i have never held a n1 but have held a vibrant and played with it and i must say i have never felt lag i was going to buy 1 but i will wait for the g2 i know the dev support will be crazy for the g2 the g1 is still getting roms all the time

10. jasnmb

jasnmb Well-Known Member

no doubt ... especially since Cyanogen's twitter said he'll be buying a G2 day one.

11. Arcadia

Arcadia Well-Known Member

The phone may be faster than a Nexus One, but a rooted overclocked Galaxy S destroys everything and will until we see more advanced hardware.

12. Eazail70x7

I should have been more specific. Stock Epic 4g is smoother than the galaxy s/vibrant. The reason is due to the notorious lag issue on the galaxy s which is not present on the Epic. Plus when I switch to vanilla launcher on the Epic its not nearly as smooth as tw

13. TheBlackPrince

14. Arcadia

Arcadia Well-Known Member

Again those benchmarks do nothing to show off a phones individual power.

I guess since the MyTouch Slide scores higher, it must be better than a Galaxy S?

Keep in mind that Galaxy S phones have super amoled display at 4 inches, the GPU has to work much harder than a 3.4 inch WVGA display at 400x320 resolution. Same with the G2 which will probably sport a VGA/TFT display at 3.7 inches. The GPU doesn't have to work as hard to output the same pictures as another phone might.

15. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

I'm leaving T-Mo on the 18th, and I'm really hoping my employee account is active long enough for me to order one. Hopefully they'll do an employee preorder, similar to the G1.

16. Eazail70x7

Plus I think the Galaxy s phones have a 55 fps cap on them as seen from many fps benchmarking tests ive done. Take a look at the post above with the benchmark. The Galaxy is at 55fps dead on