80MB download over night when plugged in . . ?Support

Last Updated:

1. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, phone downloaded 80mb of data over night over 3g (according to 3g watchdog) all of its own accord and the Network History (*#*#4636#*#*) is not any help as the phone was plugged in!

I really wish there was a better way to see which apps are using data, how much and when!

I ph33r it may be an evil plot by Vodafone to force downloads onto my phone to go over the FUP.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

Turn your phone off maybe? :D

3. brad-short

well thanks for the helpful reply...

I was thinking more along the lines of being able to track which apps are downloading data etc.

How would i find out what got downloaded!! its mad that there is no way to find that out!

4. Raggy

Raggy Well-Known Member

Is it uploading or downloading? My wife's phone went all silly and uploaded nearly 500mb in just over a week and barely nothing on the download side, we still haven't worked out what was using it as I just got rid of most of the apps she had installed and disabled nearly all the the built in stuff

5. brad-short

Lol that is mad.... Mine was download

6. Lacrimosa

Lacrimosa Active Member

I had Antivirus Free installed on my Desire and found out that it was using around 30mb per day on its own. Most of it was downloaded. I have no idea what it needed to use 30mb per day for but it's uninstalled now and my phantom data usage is gone.

When you go into *#*#4636#*#*, can't you change the view to since last boot or all time?

7. brad-short

yes, did not help as my useage is high anyway so the 80mb got lost in the background of gigs . . .