817782kb of data yesterday!Support

Last Updated:

1. wdsport

wdsport Active Member This Topic's Starter

My battery went dead last night, which made me notice that 817,782kb of data was sent from my phone yesterday. I didn't install anything new yesterday, just did the normal few emails and phone calls. I normally use 600,000kb per month. This happened in one evening. Of course AT&T says they can't tell what the 'data' was, just that it was 'data' and will count against my monthly 2gb limit. Argh!

AT&T did tell me that a "Mobile Share" service was added to my account on 11/14, which I wasn't even aware of, so haven't used it. It's supposedly free anyway.

Anyone had any strange data issues lately?

Advertisement
  2. bruceinman

bruceinman Active Member

I don't see that Mobile Share is free.
    Sounds like this may be your culprit.

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

It's stuff like this which makes me impatient for Android 2.2, which allows one to use one of the various apps that track data usage by app.

Until then, diagnosing this is a pain in the arse.

4. rudybow

rudybow Well-Known Member

If you argue with them, they won't make you pay for it. Too usually stay under that for a month and go over it on one day, you could argue that.

5. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

tell them that u didnt purchase that app and it came by itself. I have expereinced those charges before, some random subscriptions costing me like 20 bucks and stupid data usage. Ask them for the options to avoid such things in future they usually give u credit for it, u just have to ask (fight)