8gb Micro SD

Last Updated:

1. Foxspeed

Foxspeed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I want an 8gb Micro SD card for my HTC Desire and now uncertain what type I need. I see they are categorized into different classes so which end of the scale would be better?
    Any direct links to purchase from?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

To be quite honest classes aren't the be-all-and-end-all of speed when considering a new microsd card. All a particular class does is guarantee a minimum read and write speed, but there is no cap on the maximum speed.

A class two card guarantees a minimum read/write speed of 2MBps, class 4 guarantees 4MBps, class 6 guarantees 6MBps and class 10 guarantees 10MBps.

My class 2 16GB card from play.com writes at 2-2.5MBps and reads at 13-15MBps, so as you can see cards sometimes go high above their designated guaranteed minimum.

I've just ordered one of these:

Samsung 8GB Micro SDHC Plus Memory Card (Class 6) - Mobiles at Play.com (UK)

Based on the advice of a poster on here. It hasn't arrived yet but I read the reviews and they're really good. People report speeds of 17+ MBps read and 12+ MBps write.

Sandisk and samsung are good manufacturers and you usually get high speeds from their cards. :)

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Class is just the write speed. read speed is always going to be faster than write