• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 8Gb MicroSD format error

NookE

Lurker
Nov 17, 2011
I'm attempting to root my Nook Color following instructions from butterscotch.com and was doing well until I had to reformat the 8Gb microSD card. It formatted to 117Mb and is now too small to load the image file I need to root the Nook. Windows 7 won't let me change the size, only the type of format. My 8 gig card has magically shrunk to an unusable size. Before I go out and buy another one, any ideas on how to get the formatted size back up to 8Gb? Thanks in advance!

Could that work for me? I was trying to install cm7.1 on my nook color and hit the erase and deregister button on ROM manager and paniced and stopped it mid erase. My sd card would start to boot up cm7 but would freeze at the "android_" part of the boot up. I formatted the sd card and ended up with 117mbs of space for use. Its too small to install 7.1 on. I need help as well. By the way, im also using windows but have access to a mac if needed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones