8GB of internal memory is pretty useless for meGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mobilehavoc

mobilehavoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a 16gb microSD so what am I supposed to use the internal memory for? Apps can't use it.

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

just take it out then, i'll buy it off you!!

3. jpr18

jpr18 Well-Known Member

I'm loading music on it....I heard that music runs pretty slow on the SD card, but if you have more than 6.6 then I guess that is your only choice.

Maybe store pictures on there you take with the camera?

4. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq Well-Known Member

Just use the internal memory for pictures or video taken on the phone? This really isn't a question we can answer as the internal memory is probably useless to you and you just need to accept that :p

5. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Shame, you should just return the phone then.

Tony Touch likes this.
  6. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

I heard there is a lanyard connection on it too. I don't use a lanyard. What a worthless phone.

Seriously though, it's not hurting anything to have it, and you can use it for other things (just not apps). I doubt it really impacted the sales price of the phone, so what's the problem?

LiQUiDBuD likes this.
  7. AFAngryWarrior

AFAngryWarrior Well-Known Member

Why 8GB of internal memory, gee couldnt be the 8MP camera could it?? The Incredible has a camera that puts most any phone to shame, every phone on Verizon. The pictures I've taken, and seen other co-workers take with the Incredible are amazing. Plus if you've seen some of the reviews even the writers say that most phones say they have a 4-5MP camera but it looks like 2MP but the Increidible is a full 8MP and they'll be leaving their regular cameras at home. So yeah, pictures, videos, music,movies, media in general all run faster when they're native to the device and not on the card... Thats why its there. Would you rather they put in 512MB?? Why would anyone complain about this?? Most of us have 16GB cards thats just a bonus

8. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Anyone that thinks this will replace a regular camera unless it is a very cheap one is just crazy. The difference between a phones camera and one for a camera is the lens. But I thought my Nikon 5700 took good pics until I got my digital SLR. And no phone camera will replace that for quite awhile. But it is a good thing to have in places were you cannot take a regular camera.

9. QrafTee

You are the one that is insane if you're going to compare a phone camera to a DSLR. I don't think that Warrior guy was comparing the Droid Incredible to a DSLR, not even a zoom camera.

10. mobilehavoc

mobilehavoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

People are way too defensive - I love the phone, just saying the 8GB internal is useless to me right now. Once apps can use that space, then I'll be happy. I love having everything on my microSD card...I came from a Sprint HTC hero...I popped it out of that, put it in Incredible and I was set. Internal phone memory sucks because you have to have a PC to copy things back and forth. Not worth it except if apps could use it.

11. load97

load97 Well-Known Member

The internal memory was noticably slower than my class 6 card when transferring music and videos. I was hoping it would be as fast or faster than the SD card.

12. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

how do you choose where you save your music, photos, videos?

can you choose between the on board storage and the SD card?

what is set as the default storage device?

13. macdaddybuff

macdaddybuff Well-Known Member

Camera/menu/settings/storage.. your welcome.

Briliu, Needz_Android and nyngbld like this.
  14. douger

douger Well-Known Member

Never had a Storm, did ya? :D

15. This_Is_Kyle

This_Is_Kyle Well-Known Member

Wont future OS updates allow us to store apps on internal memory? Or something like that...

16. iamrobk

iamrobk Well-Known Member

My own personal plan is to use the internal memory for pictures and videos then fill up a 16GB card with my music.

17. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

What about music?

Also, is a class 6 card going to process faster than the on board storage?

18. douger

douger Well-Known Member

A class 6 card will only write faster...

19. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Just extra memory so now you have 24gigs of space and the 6.6gigs of onboard memory will run much quicker then an SD card. So pictures, video or music you listen to or view often would work great on it.

I currently have about 7gigs of music Iwill drop that down to 4 on the incredible and use the other 2.6 gigs for Pics and Video I take on my phone

20. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

I think most of us read your title as a complaint (not that all complaints are invalid - this just seemed like a weak thing to be unhappy about) :p

And the 8GB is intended for app use - my understanding is there are issues with 2.1 and apps being able to use it, and that this will be fixed in 2.2.

21. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

They said people would leave there regular cameras at home. According to reviews.

22. QrafTee

I would hardly consider a DSLR a "regular camera."

23. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

It doesn't have to be a freaking SLR. Any $150 camera with $20 worth of optics in it will put this camera to shame, period.

It's a great camera for a phone, that's it. If it compares to your pocket sized point & shoot camera, then you made a REALLY poor choice when you bought your point & shoot camera.

That's not to say this camera may not be good enough for somebody to not BOTHER to bring their point & shoot to a party or something because it's GOOD ENOUGH that it's not worth the hassle of carrying a second device around. However, that's the extent of it.