• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 90% of SD apps missing and grayed out

Zippokovich

Lurker
Jan 12, 2011
I have strange problem.

An icon with the SD card and a question mark came into my status bar saying something about an error. My phone then started to freeze for a few seconds at a time and then sense crashed; the HTC splash screen came up and the home screen reloded. It kept freezing so I turned it off and re-inserted my SD card before booting it back up.

The phone still froze a few times and is running slow but a bigger problem is 90% of the apps I have on my SD card are failing to open on the homescreen and have the generic icon as if the SD card was not in. They are also missing from the apps list totally.

But a few SD card apps are working normally and when I go onto manage apps the missing ones are shown grayed out and have a little SD symbol in the bottom corner. So they are there but the market don't think they are installed and they are inaccessible.

What has gone wrong?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones