• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 902 FXZ File

I'm having difficulty finding a reliable place to download the 902 FXZ file. Anyone got a link that works(where I don't have to register)?

Man I know what you mean. Go to the thread that shows you how to flash. 902. Download the modified file. If you can't get a good download then google the exact file. I think that's how I got a good download

Upvote 0
The problem with large files like this that a lot of people want to download is that they cost money to host. Any working links in the post of a established member a forum such as this one, XDA, droidhive, ETC should be safe (though it never hurts to run it through a malware/virus scanner) and you may have to register with the hosting site to be able to download it.

Upvote 0
I appreciate the thanks. I have actually had to switch servers 3 times till I found 4shared. It is amazing how much band width can be used. In 4 days there was over 100gb data downloaded. At least with 4shared there is no limit on how many downloads you have but the first 100gb per month get the premiumn (paid) speeds and people don't have sign up for a free account.

Upvote 0
No kidding, man. I have almost 300 GB of BW rolled over on my MF account back in December when I decided to start hosting files in preparation for the transition from 5.5.886 to the leaks and final 5.7.893 and beyond, including R3l34s3d r00t and 43v3r r00t. I pay $10 / month for 1000 GB of BW, and it all got used up in January, *plus* I added another 500 GB of BW (2 sets of 250 GB) that month, at $25.

I have since not had enough money to host very large DLs so I stick to small stuff, like the drivers and RSDLite. I still pay the monthly, but no extra.

Since the .902 FXZ is rather large, I can provide one time links to people as needed - just PM me and I'll link it in case dfib's link does not work. However, the minute any link I give out in private gets shared anywhere I'll cut it off. The reason I am crotchety about it is that I only posted the .886 FXZ and Released root links at two sites - but I found people linking to it at 17 different sites....and that is what killed my BW at MF.

@dfib - The only reason I like MF is that when ULing a file it seems to check the MD5 and if the file already exists on its servers, it symlinks to that file, even if my uploaded file has a different name. It makes uploading a ton quicker for stuff already out there.

One time it analyzed a 250 MB file in about 30 seconds and 2 second slater told me upload complete lol....thus my supposition.

I don't know if any of the other FS sites do that or not....If they d, more power to them.

Reactions: SNeitzel
Upvote 0
The fact that you pay to host files for the Bionic community deserves a thanks! I know from experience that the money you pay out of your own pocket to keep these files easily available to others can go to other things you need and it often goes unappreciated and unacknowledged unless the link is broken, then you hear plenty about it.

And that is the truth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones