904?

Last Updated:

1. fyrmd

fyrmd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Should I update to 904, or wait for the official release? I have been having some battery issues lately and was thinking this might help. Stock rooted with bloatware frozen.

Thanks, Dennis

Advertisement
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

After all the issues with the other leaked files a while ago I am waiting till it is sent out as a soak test.

fyrmd likes this.
  3. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Crap shoot. The fact that a soak test is announced makes it likely that 904 is the candidate but still.. the last time was a pain. I promised myself id wait too but didn't because I didn't want to redo my gsm settings. Probably not a good choice for laziness. 904 does have better battery!

4. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

If your battery issues are something new it's probably because of an app that was recently installed, or something you're doing differently. What kind of issues?

5. fyrmd

fyrmd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason my phone is rebooting on its own. I did a battery pull, not sure if it is still happening or not.

6. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

I probably shouldn't have jumped on the 904 update when it was first "leaked" but that's part of what makes owning a Android phone so fun!:)
    That said, I haven't had any battery issues and the radio seems to stay locked onto 4G a lot better than before. I'm very happy with the 904 update so far.

7. mahashel

mahashel Well-Known Member

It's a calculated risk. I have Axiom ICS running on .904 and things are running well. Antenna management is much improved and battery life is great.
    However, the last time there was a major update leak (.901) a lot of folks ended up stranded since the official version ended up rolling to .902. It was a pain to get back on track.
    I'm running .904, but that's because I'm happy to wipe my Bionic and start over if this version ends up being a dead end. If you're okay with starting from scratch from time to time, then load it. If not, then don't load it.

8. happysteve11c

happysteve11c Member

where can i download the .904 leak at cause i cant find one yet

9. mahashel

mahashel Well-Known Member

Found a 904 link that was still active: HERE
    The name of the file includes a reference to 902. This is Moto's naming convention, which means you need to be running 902 to successfully apply the update.
    FYI, I just discovered that there is a 905 leak now.
    I have not loaded 905 nor have I heard much from those who have.
    If you're interested, however, I found a download link HERE. Again, it requires that you be at 902 to apply the update.