• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I had more data drops with the .905 updates than ever before. What's funny it never switched to 3G, my data connection just stopped. I tested it out all day yesterday and this morning I did a factory reset. It seems fine now. I was so frustrated yesterday. I also did a sim card pull. No drops at all today. phew!

Upvote 0
I was also in the soak, Here are my conclusions.

1. Getting the Black Screen (Has Not Happened since the early days of the Bionic}

2. Major drops with 4G (Did not have the issue at all after the last fix)

3. Battery Life Is Worse.

So all In all, this update stinks.

That is all for now.

I manually downloaded 905 and noticed battery life burns fast as well.

Also, once in a while I see my Lock Screen flash and then disappear...this is something odd and new to my Bionic.

Upvote 0
I manually downloaded 905 and noticed battery life burns fast as well.

Also, once in a while I see my Lock Screen flash and then disappear...this is something odd and new to my Bionic.
I haven't noticed the screen flash, but haven't looked for it.

I also haven't noticed the battery draining faster either, but I did notice we got 2 new pieces of bloatware, the G+ and the messenger for it.

[sarcasm]I am so glad Verizon and Google know what we need and want better then we do.[/sarcasm]

Is it possible that these may be running and making Social Networking run more often than it had before? From what's been told to me in these forums, that drains battery life fast.

Upvote 0
I did the update manually about a week ago. The problem that I was having was that my phone would not make a data connect. The phone worked reliably under almost all conditions. WiFi connection was fine at home, at school and at one or two other places I visit. Since I have the WiFi most of the time I was slow to complain but was ready to turn in my phone.

With the new update I have connection. I'm a light user when roaming about (quick trivia look-ups or score checks when out at a restaurant). In the limited testing I have been able to give the update it appears reliable now.

Battery usage is moderately heavier but that could be from the added connectivity which had been missing before. I can live with this.:)
:D:)

Upvote 0
Here's my take on 905's abilities regarding holding onto a 4G signal--while the symbol tends to stay blue much more of the time, there are obvious interruptions in the data flow, as noticed by me when loading pages and playing games. It seems to me that what I'm experiencing with 905 is the same old "drops" but the icon isn't switching to white or disappearing. I might be wrong, but I doubt it, given how I've seen a lot of slow-loading web pages that I often visit. ie, I think Moto played with the data icon parameters and connectivity is pretty much the same as it was on 902.

Anyone else notice this? I use a LOT of data--up to 10GB a month, so I have lots of opportunity to observe connectivity issues...and I rarely stream any video.

Upvote 0
Holding down Volume Up/Volume Down/Power until the menu appears and then disappears is the same as removing the back, removing the battery, replacing the battery, and powering on.

The first way is quicker (and you don't crack your fingernail taking the back off).

On the other hand ... with the battery out you can also check that the SIM and SD-Ext cards are squarely and firmly seated. This is another easily overlooked problem cause.

... Thom

Reactions: DanDroide
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones