• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 928droid deodex method

I'm not sure, but from what I understand is that in order for you to deodex your system, you must be on the official OTA 2.3.15. This will not upgrade you to the newest release-- its for people who are already on the newest release.

Not sure where you head that there were many ways to deodex your system before the offical update. And according to 928 it will work on all versions of 2.2 including leaks. You just need to scroll through the comments on droid life from the article yesterday.
He does recommed updgrading to the official 2.2. And I am not sure why.

Upvote 0
Not sure where you head that there were many ways to deodex your system before the offical update. And according to 928 it will work on all versions of 2.2 including leaks. You just need to scroll through the comments on droid life from the article yesterday.
He does recommed updgrading to the official 2.2. And I am not sure why.

928Droid Black Glass X Droid X OTA2315 DeOdexEERR Theme - DeOdex and Theme w/1 Zip!! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I heard it there ^^ it says "NEW! 928Droid Black Glass X DeOdexEERR Theme for Official OTA v2.3.15"
I just assumed that when it said "Official OTA" it meant that it would only work for the OTA and not leaks. But idk maybe it does...

Upvote 0
928Droid Black Glass X Droid X OTA2315 DeOdexEERR Theme - DeOdex and Theme w/1 Zip!! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I heard it there ^^ it says "NEW! 928Droid Black Glass X DeOdexEERR Theme for Official OTA v2.3.15"
I just assumed that when it said "Official OTA" it meant that it would only work for the OTA and not leaks. But idk maybe it does...

That is just a case of saying it works with the ota. Many of the themes did not work right with the ota right off the bat, and his was one of them. And yes he built this one from the ota but it will work on the leaks as well.

Upvote 0
Well I tried it and I got a boot loop after installing. tried reset/data wipe and cache wipe didnt help, still stuck in boot loop. Just got done with the sbf back to 2.1 now.

I thought mine was stuck in the bootloader when I first installed. It took seven minutes for the first load. After the first boot, subsequent boots reboots were very, very quick. About 25-30 seconds after the "M".

It works well for me now. Very, Very well. :D

I'm coming from 2.3.15 OTA rooted, btw.

Upvote 0
I thought mine was stuck in the bootloader when I first installed. It took seven minutes for the first load. After the first boot, subsequent boots reboots were very, very quick. About 25-30 seconds after the "M".

It works well for me now. Very, Very well. :D

I'm coming from 2.3.15 OTA rooted, btw.
So even though the boot animation was looping it was actually loading properly. I guess I will give it another try

Upvote 0
Just tried this with a leaked 2.3.15 version and it doesn't work folks. Got stuck in bootloop at the DROID screen. I had to restore a nandroid as well. Information like this needs to be on the devs website...maybe it is and I didn't see it. No biggie, just restored and happy again. I would love to deodex w/o doing it manually though.

Upvote 0
I'm running the leak 2.3.15 and I installed 928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR and it's running fine. It did get stuck on the "M" on the first reboot, but a battery pull and all is good (I probably didn't wait long enough).

I did make the mistake of installing 928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX22DeOdex-r2315-OZA first, same thing stuck on the "M", battery pull and it worked, but the notification clock was black. That time, I just installed "DeOdexEERR" version over top that one and it worked.

I have SBF back to 2.1 many times.
My upgrade path from stock 2.1
1. Root the phone
2. Droid X Recovery Bootstrap
3. Rom Manger stock images ( installs me to 2.3.9)
4. Then I use DX-2315-Deodexed.zip (brings it to 2.3.15)
5. Tranquility 2.3.7 ( I just did this today. I was using, I think it was 2.3.5RC)
6. Install 928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR. (stuck on "M" every time. I pull the battery for 2 seconds and then boots fine)
7. Finally!!! Beesly's build prop. Which is totally awesome ( I forget which one, but I know the .lcd_density=200).

This is all done on the leaked versions. NOT OTA.

I let you know which build prop it is. I'm in the middle of wiping my first X to send back to verizon. That one would always get stuck on the "M" no matter what I did in 2.2. This second X is a dream. Hope this helps :D.

Upvote 0
OK...that is where I got mine too. It may be due to renaming some apk's to bak's. Did you rename any apps?

Hey antnyh, I'm not sure what your trying to do :). If you are trying to put 928Droid over top of Tranquility 2.3.7, it will install all of those favorite appz everyone luvs (like amazon mp3 and such :mad:). Yes I did rename some of the appz after the install.

I'm going to try to rename some appz in the 928droid zip file before I install it and see what happens.

I'm not sure if installing 928 over Tranquility defeats the propose of Tranquility.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones