985hPaKicK 2nd init recovery

Last Updated:

1. hroark13

hroark13 Well-Known Member Developer

There is a talented developer out there named 985hPaKicK

He has ported a 2nd init Recovery to the LG Optimus LTE2

I have played around with it, and it seems to work somewhat on the LG Motion

I did not obtain 985hPaKicK's permission to post this, so I hope he does not mind.

Please understand that 985hPaKicK or I DO NOT take any responsibility for any damage that can possibly happen to your phone if you install and use this.

Just some hints

After you install this and boot into recovery from the apk, press the vol up button a few times to refresh the screen, or else you will just see the LG Logo

Also do not use the Advanced\Reboot Recovery option because your data will get wiped (this is because of the boot loader)

I installed mine to the system/app folder but that was a personal preference.

985hPaKicK has also made a mostly working cm10 for the LG Optimus LTE2, I have not looked at it yet, but I may, if I find the time

https://github.com/985hPaKicK

So he is someone you guys want to befriend, and not nag at all about any thing.

I did not post this in the Optimus 4X Recovery thread, because that thread is too long and there are a lot of Off Topic posts. So can we try to keep this thread on topic and not discuss things that are not related to bootloader or 2nd init recovery PLEASE

Lets also keep the thank you posts out of this thread

Here is a thank you thread for 985hpakick, please post a thank you for him there.

http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/666214-thank-you-thread-985hpakick.html

as far as thanking me, just click the thank you button.

lte2recovery.apk

If you would like to buy me a beer or coffee, you can click on the Donate button

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    mikefor20, infowarz, phire42 and 22 others like this.
  2. hroark13

3. xInterlopeRx

xInterlopeRx Well-Known Member Developer

4. jpizle

jpizle Well-Known Member

What should I test? Back up and restore?
  5. hroark13

if you want

I am not sure how well this will work with our data partition because I believe it is encrypted
  6. jpizle

jpizle Well-Known Member

Gotcha. I believe I'll wait on someone else. Im going out of town in the morning and I'd hate to perma-brick my phone right before I leave. Good find BTW.
  7. hroark13

well this may be your only chance to test it since it is the End Of The World today

HAPPY DOOMSDAY EVERYONE, AND A MERRY APOCALYPSE TO ALL
  8. hroark13

9. slipkn0t2012

slipkn0t2012 Well-Known Member

I successfully made a nandroid backup, did a factory reset, reinstalled recovery, and successfully did a nandroid restore.

It works!! At least with that part.
    Oh yeah, also cleared dalvik cache
    TheAmazingDave and twogbsd like this.
  10. blaze420916

blaze420916 Well-Known Member

WHAT! HELL YES, I'm going to make one now. ;-)

What are the steps you used? Install apk is step one. Then what?
  11. slipkn0t2012

Install apk, click 2nd init recovery, them click reboot recovery. BOOM, Cwm.
  12. hroark13

you did not mention that you have to lick the phone screen before you press reboot recovery
  13. blaze420916

Did all that how do you navigate cwm vol moves what is the enter button? Lol I already froze up once. up
  14. hroark13

power is enter

the capacitance buttons work too, but do not light up
    blaze420916 likes this.
  15. blaze420916

It says it saves to internal how do I change that to external
  16. slipkn0t2012

Sorry, volume up to actually see the cwm menu. Not sure how to change to external, ill look. Havent done anything else, just got home. Fun time :)
  17. hroark13

press the home button
    Sepero, blaze420916 and slipkn0t2012 like this.
  18. blaze420916

Well I got to say....works great! At least I can back up and restore. Now we need a Rom to flash :p
  19. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Still can't flash kernels without bricking..so roms will be stock like ones/ themed ones...etc.
    OptimusSlime likes this.
  20. OptimusSlime

OptimusSlime Well-Known Member

I have swapped my internal memory and SD, so when I backup it said there was no /sdcard/.Android_secure or something like that (It went past this part before I could write it down) Can I just create that file/folder or should I put the SDCard back to normal first?

Anyone notice the date for the Backup? Jan 15th, **70
  21. hroark13

I vote for a ShabbyMod LGM
  22. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

That's probably more than likely :rofl:
  23. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

so everything is working good?
  24. hroark13

pretty much

no adb access from recovery

no UMS from recovery
  25. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

thats a lun file and that should fix that. cool :), now i dont have to get a motion :)