99% used while idled batterySupport

1. xxArmando

xxArmando Member

Hello everyone. Last night my phone drained most of the battery and when i went to check Longetivity app under power hogs it said 99% was phone standby (idled) anyone know how i can fix that? I'am fairly new to android and my phone is stock .

Advertisement
    :
  2. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

Have you recently installed any apps that were possibly running in the background?

It makes sense that your battery drain would be caused by phone standby if you weren't using your phone. How much battery drain are we talking? (x % battery in x hours)?
  3. xxArmando

xxArmando Member

Does not say all it shows is a circle chart and 99 % of it is standby , but last night before bed i say it was 19% give or take, and when I woke up it was dead. Usually only about 4 % gets used while I sleep. (about 8-9 hours)
  4. GuitarG20

Hmm. Could just be a bug in a piece of software caused a wakelock and it drained really fast. I would see if it happens again. If not, it was just a glitch and you should be good. If so, then we need to look into figuring out exactly what happened. What software are you using to monitor your battery life?
  5. xxArmando

xxArmando Member

Trend micro longetivity and it happened to me the first day i got the phone too. About a week and a half ago
  6. GuitarG20

I'd suggest you try something like GSAM Battery Monitor to get a more detailed reading of exactly what is using your battery. It may give a daunting amount of information, but it'll also be much more detailed as to exactly what is eating up your battery.