"____" with Friends

Last Updated:

1. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

I'm always up for losing to someone else. Played tons of games with family members, I've won ONE. Also looking for people for HWF. mikeplevy on both...

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Started a game on both :cool:
  3. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

And it seems we stumped each other on round 1, but I got your second word on hanging...
  4. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Started a game w/ ya on WWF.
  5. NYCHitman1

Damn, great game sweetc! Charlie, my feelings are hurt from that beating I took.

BTW, I just laughed my ass of that I got that word. I have the crappiest letters right now lol.
  6. Dark Reality

Dark Reality Well-Known Member

Yeah, and what a game, huh?

I hope you don't mind me assuming that you're smart and putting myself in the same boat, but... It seems to me I can play a really tough game with other smart/geek types, win some lose some but spend a lot of time looking for that perfect play, severely limiting the game in the latter half... or I can play a real easy game with a couple friends and family members who are a bit more casual. I mean, should I feel bad when I've got a 150-point lead on my aunt and score a 70-point word? I feel like apologizing, or taking it back and playing something else. Now I try to play the first thing I see... or the most interesting word I can come up with, not necessarily a big score, but I still come out way ahead. Ironically, possibly, the only middle ground games I get are with my wife. We never look at each others' letters, so it's not that.

Minor point, I can't bring myself to call it WWF. That's cheesy wrestling from the '80s and '90s. (WWE is just... um... nevermind.) So I write "Ww/F". Never mind me though, I'm just a nerd with borderline OCD...:cool:
  7. chrlswltrs

I never feel bad when I crush people. I have one friend that keeps playing against me even though our typical scores are something like 400 to 200. It has been this way for months. I usually take a little time to find words with more points also. Sometimes I don't because it is my turn on like 6-7 games at the same time plus the same amount on hanging.
  8. chrlswltrs

Anyone else here play?

We have had some really good games!
  9. NYCHitman1

My apologies on going M.I.A. on anyone I've been playing. I only play on my Kindle Fire, and I haven't used it much besides reading the current book of choice. I'll respond ASAP.
  10. chrlswltrs

No worries, depending on what is going on there are times I go silent for a few days.
  11. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

Words and Hanging

User: JJDigitized
  12. chrlswltrs

Just started a game on both
  13. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

14. Dark Reality

Yeah I went radio silent on Words for 8 days on some people, but I was going through phones (Acclaim to Hero S to Electrify) so I guess that fits. Words is so much better on a phone with enough RAM to run it (HD screen is nice too).

If anybody's looking for a new challenger, I posted my info above. Sometimes I'll put some time in and make a high points move or a move that just looks good, other times I just go with the first thing I see. I don't care much about the score, it's the thrill of the puzzle. I guess you could say I look at it how House practices medicine: saving the patient's life (getting the higher score) is second to figuring out what happened (making the most creative play).
  15. mgullick

mgullick Active Member

I've played against people who obviously use web sites of some kind to come up with their moves. However, I have learned quite a few weird words that way. Once someone has played the bizarre words against me I have no problem using them in a future game. I'm not looking them up or using a cheat site - although I've heard there are a number of them and I'm pretty dang sure some of my opponents have used them - but I'm not at all above using those weird words once they've been used against me. I never realized that QI was a word until someone else used it against me. There are a lot of weird words of that sort. I'd never heard of them before but I don't hesitate to use them now.

I find that WWF is much easier than Scrabble since I can try whatever words I like with no penalty. It leads to some pretty interesting words that I never knew before. Of course, it I find some bizarre combination that works I feel compelled to look it up in the dictionary. It's pretty cool to learn new words.
  16. NYCHitman1

Oh yeah, it is a word. It is the Chinese version of 'chi', which of course is another way to say energy.
  17. Dark Reality

You can also play QIS which I guess is the plural. In the last week I've played QI in the same place playing the Q on an existing I where the I is along the right near the top and the Q goes on a DL tile. 21 points for one tile played is not bad!
  18. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

Are any of you guys playing the new SCRAMBLE With Friends? Basically Boggle (am I showing my age here, even though I'm still "young"?). 3 rounds, 2 minutes each, score as many points as you can. You play round 1 then wait for your opponent to play it and keep alternating. I haven't completed a game yet, I SHOULD be the same name there...
  19. chrlswltrs

I haven't tried it yet, but I probably will at some point. When I get around to trying it I'll start a game with you. I should be the same user name (I use it everywhere)

**Edit: Just started a game with you
  20. chrlswltrs

Just giving this thread a bump for anyone else that wants to play. I play Words, Hanging, and Scramble

Username: chrlswltrs

:cool::D:cool:
  21. NYCHitman1

Totally forgot about this game. I'll get on there and restart games with folks when I get a minute.
  22. ladyc0524

ladyc0524 Well-Known Member

I also play Scramble..same user name: sweetc314
  23. chrlswltrs

Start a game with me. I have too many games going so it won't let me start any. Same user name.

BTW, we have had some awesome back and forth hanging games the last week or so!
  24. ladyc0524

ladyc0524 Well-Known Member

Lol yes we have!
  25. iAstonish

iAstonish Well-Known Member

Scramble with friends

Username: itzAstonish