• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A back to top link?

I was wondering if it would be possible to put some kind of 'back to top' link at the bottom of the page like the rooting and subforum link at the top. Yes, I am actually too lazy to scroll back up.
Me too!! That's why I haven't done that in years. :D

I don't know what browser(s) you're using, but if SeaMonkey or Firefox are among them, my absolute ALL TIME favorite add-on can be installed. What's its name? Back to Top! :)

It can be activated in various ways, but the ONLY method I ever use is the right-click method. Just right-click on the page you're on and the choices will be in the menu. Here's what it looks like for me in SeaMonkey:

SeaMonkey_BackToTop.jpeg

Here's its Firefox add-ons page.

Note that its current version is 7.0, but I'm still using 3.2.1. My memory's kind of hazy right now, but I think at some point it stopped working with newer versions of SM, and then it was removed altogether as a SM add-on. SeaMonkey is my default browser and I'm not giving it up! So I downloaded its xpi file, took it apart, tweaked its install.rdf file, put the xpi back together and have carried that with me. I update it as needed when I upgrade SM.

BUT, for Firefox, it's just there! No tweaking necessary. :D

Reactions: Atma and palmtree5
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones