A beginners guid to Android?

Last Updated:

1. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Firstly, there is a mass of information on this site and I am currently checking out this site more than my facebook as I am learning just how incredible Android is.

Some of the things that I read are a bit too technical for me or a bit too advanced. This is mainly because I am about 3 weeks into life with Android and it really has opened my eyes to the way mobile device technology will be for a very long time.

So I was wondering... Does anyone know of a beginners type guid to Android floating about anywhere? Or a more comprehensive guide that kind of takes you from start to finish?

In the meantime I will be glued to the forums learning new techniques and tips for the best phone I have ever owned.

Advertisement
  2. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

I would just play with the phone. Use every option, widget etc, to familiarise yourself with it. Took me a good few weeks. Then i started reading the threads on here and realised there was more to learn.

3. HYCAET

HYCAET Guest

The user guide sticky on this forum is well worth a read

4. htcforme

htcforme Well-Known Member

5. HYCAET

HYCAET Guest

6. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks everyone, I shall certainly read that thread plus continue to keep fiddling with the phone to see what I learn. There is just so much to do and learn and you are not restricted on Android.

7. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

I would recommend playing with it.

You can read guides, watch videos but there is nothing like playing with it yourself.

8. doad13

doad13 Well-Known Member

just play around with it a lot i have only had mine for a month but i still find myself changing my home screens every day :p

there is so much customization on the android OS its brilliant. Any apps you find useful pm me i download about 5 a day test them see if there any good for what i want haha.

if your on here constantly i would recommend getting tapatalk i find it easier to navigate through the forum on my phone using that instead of the web browser :)

DCFC79 likes this.