• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Beta Tester Sub-Forum could be useful

I think this forum could use a beta tester sub-forum. As a developer it's tough getting enough devices to recreate a bug and try to find out what exactly may be going wrong with an App.

Basically, a developer posts their bug or new apk and users can download to test it. This provides a directly line of information to the developer and users get a better application out of it.

OP
Subject: App name (bug or new apk)
Description: How to recreate it (First seen on X device)

User Response
Device and OS used to test
Success or failure on recreating bug.

What do you guys think? I feel like beta tester/bug threads would get lost easily.

PMed Phases about this today. Maybe he'll see it now.

I've seen it. I see everything posted in here. :) I'm sorry sometimes my replies are not speedy but I promise you that's almost always for a reason.

Almost. :p

In this case we've talked bout it and decided to hold off till this weekend or Monday to either do it or decide to incorporate this with other ideas we have going on.

Will let you know.
Danke!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones