A BIG Time Saver...

Last Updated:

1. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

...if you have any problem whatsoever with your Captivate, don't waste your time calling Samsung tech support. They'll first tell you how happy they are to help you, ask for your phone number, IMEI, etc., etc., and then have no idea what to do to provide assistance except the standard reply: perform a hard reset of your phone. This applies to level one and level three Galaxy S support. If you're a masochist, call them. If you wish to save your time, don't go near them. Absolutely, positively useless.

I've just done my good deed for the day.

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the desktop PC equivalent of "Oh, not sure why the spell check in your word processor locks up once every 100 times you use it. Please try reformatting your hard drive first and see if that helps..."

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

how do you hard reset?

4. Jack45

Wait 20 minutes...

5. Jack45

And as a P.S. to my original post, whatever problem you're having (other than GPS, which even they can't ignore), the standard reply is "I've never gotten a call about that."

Random shutdowns? "I've never gotten a call about that."
    WiFi issues? "I've never gotten a call about that."
    [fill in the blank]: "I've never gotten a call about that."

Whoever heads up their mobile phone support should assign someone to monitor forums to get AHEAD of the issues. Proactive? Hello???

Before buying the Captivate my homework revealed that Samsung support was, shall we say, less than sterling. Not quite accurate. Let me set the record straight.

Samsung mobile tech support SUCKS!!! It's a disgrace. It needs a major overhaul - top to bottom.

6. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

To their defense, and to defense of any support org, 90% of calls come in from idiots who do not know how to use basic features. So the support has to start with idiotic questions. Yes, they REFUSE to recon that you are not an idiot and refuse to go up on your level. BUt that is just a corporate policy - follow the script no matter what, if you sway away from the script, you are on your own.

7. Jack45

I understand the idiotic questions (as ponderous as they may be). It's the idiotic answers that are unacceptable.

8. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

It's worth mentioning though that if you want any hope of a decent tech-support conversation with Samsung, fight your way to "Level 3".

When you first call them, you're going to get some "Level 1" guy in India or whatever. The accent will give him away, and he will not listen to your problem specifics and will give you rote generic spreadsheet suggestions/answers. Be firm and find something in the conversation to leverage your feeling that he can't help you and you need "Level 3".

Once you get a Level 3 tech it'll be a breath of fresh air. Be nice and polite and you'll find they are more honest, frank and willing to help. They might not be able to solve your problem, but at least the conversation won't be like beating your skull against a brick wall.