A bit weird but a first for me!

Last Updated:

1. jiggy79

jiggy79 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A few nights ago I bought me a set of earphones(smalls ones that fit inside of your ears). Well the following day from purchasing the earphones, someone calls me and I quickly answered. I was able talk to the other person with the earphones hooked to my EVO and inside of my ears! I thought that was quite strange because usually you would need a bluetooth to be handsfree to talk without holding the phone to your ears.

Has anyone else experience this? Give it a try..

Advertisement
  2. LiquidLife

LiquidLife Well-Known Member

Uh... post up the brand and model/name of the earphones... and then we can agree with you whether it's actually wierd or not

3. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Yeah this is similar to what my hero did. I have a universal mount in my car and I use an auxiliary adapter to play music through my stereo. When someone calls me I hear them through my car speakers and the mic still works speakerphone style. Pretty neat. I've since done a custom wired speakerphone in my car but it still worked pretty well for the most part.

4. mjz773

mjz773 Well-Known Member

Either the headphones had a mic in it.
    Or, the EVO lets you listen to what ever the person on the other end is saying, and activates speaker phone and lets you talk into your phone through the phones mic.

5. jiggy79

sylvania cc is the brand name of the earphones..it came in a plastic package. It can be used for mp3, ipod, etc. But it didn't mention anything about phone use.

6. jiggy79

7. jiggy79

just tested the earphones with windows vista built-in microphone tester and it indeed has a microphone on the earphones.

8. antianalog

antianalog Active Member

I tried this and the incoming sound came through my headphones while I could talk as if I were on speakerphone. But when I got the phone call I could hear my ringtone in my headphones but the phone's external speaker played the ringtone very overdriven. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

9. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I know that I can still talk with normal headphones in... it uses the phone's microphone to pick up sound still, but it plays back the voice through the headphones. Eh, works alright, as long as it's not in your pocket.

10. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

My Pre did this also. :)

misterzeno likes this.
  11. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Yup has to be.

12. TheAndroidWorks

TheAndroidWorks Well-Known Member

Yes, the phone will utilize its built in mic if there is not one present on the headphones. It works great if you are out on the boat or in the car and have your phone plugged into AUX on the stereo. I am pretty sure this is a feature of all Android phones and many other smart phones as well like the pre and iphone.

misterzeno likes this.
  13. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

I know the iPhone does it.