A Blackberry to Android user

Last Updated:

1. Car Guy

Car Guy Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone :)

After a tough 11 months with my Storm II, over 5 repairs in 5 months, I'm now in possession of a Samsung Galaxy Apollo GT-I5800L

2 days now and I'm liking it more and more.

Just hoping to get me phone synced with my Outlook and I'll be very happy.

I'm sure I'll be around to learn a few things that I don't know about this one.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Nezing

Nezing Member

Car Guy,I too had the Storm 2 and liked it (for a while),but like you,had a few problems with it.I thought Blackberry's "touch-screen" effort would be better than it was,for me anyway.Phone since sold.I currently have the Orange San Francisco,with it's nice 3.5" capacitive screen,and this is my first "intro" in Android,although other family members have been using "Droid" for some time.Am in the process of getting the HTC Desire HD,this weekend.
    (Did not get Desire HD-got the Dell Streak instead :D)

3. Nappydreadz

Nappydreadz New Member

Contemplating on leaving my Blackberry to snatch the Android Captivate...looking for a new beginning. I currently got the BB9700(bold) had a few issues with it and got them somewhat fixed but the capabilities is still not at its best for me. I'm leaning on going to get this captivate (AT&T) How has the transition been for you all.:confused::eek::(

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

5. Nezing

Nezing Member

For me,the "transition" has been very easy.If you read "forums",then you will notice that a lot of "Droiders":D are on Android 2.2,or Android 2.1,and some on 1.6.Most want 2.2,but it's roll-out is still on going.Forget all this nonsence from "other areas" saying that Android is "fragmented",etc,or unfinished.The OS is superb,and combined with a good screen size smartphone,and an Oled capacitive display,you will notice the difference from any Blackberry.Touch-screen control is light,unlike the Storm 2,which felt clunky,and heavy.Take the plunge,as I and many thousands of others have done.You will not be disappointed.

6. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome!

7. Car Guy

Car Guy Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the welcome :)

I was a little uneasy about going to another phone, but I just couldn't stay with my BB. It wasn't so much the OS for me, my wife's Bold is going just fine, but wanted a touch screen. I was a bit unsure how to go about setting my phone up but most of it is straight forward and like most "men" I didn't need to read the manual. We the help of this forum I've now got my phone setup and I'm happier than I ever was with my BB.

I'm never looking back now!

8. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :) Another Crackberry user joining Android, very warm welcome!!