A bunch of Facebook for Android questionsTips

Last Updated:

1. TheNewNetwork

TheNewNetwork Active Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 14, 2009
    I just got my Evo and have the Facebook for Android app installed and Facebook with HTC sense installed.

I only installed the Facebook for Android app since when I go into App brain it kept telling me to install it when I went to sync my phone.

So my first question is should I uninstall one of the Facebook apps or do I need both?

Next question is I have the Facebook LauncherPro widget and I just authenticated my account and it shows my news feed and my profile and I was wondering if this means I am always logged on to Facebook.

Because even though I have the widget running showing my news feed and wall when I go to my app list list and click Facebook it still asks me for my Login information. As well as with GoChat( Facebook chat app) it asks me for login information as well.

So am I really logged in or not??

Finally my last question is how do I sync my Facebook account so that I can get my friends pictures to link with their phone numbers.

Thanks for any help

2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010

And if it's asking you to log in every time, I'm guessing your not logged in?..

Go to Settings > Accounts and Sync

If you set up a Facebook account at the setup wizard, and it's in the list just tap it and press sync contacts.

If it's not on the list then select add account and select Facebook.