• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

a bunch of probs ...

blanc0

Lurker
May 2, 2010
hi all..

My G1 seems to be giving up on life...
a few problems recently, new ones keep adding up...

specs :
Model:T-mob G1
firmware:1.6
baseband : 62.505.20.17u_2.22.19.261
kernel : 2.6.29.6_cyanogen
mod : cyano 4.2.15.1
build: DRC83

situation :
i got my G1 last august from a second hand webby. they didn't sell the G1 in belgium, so i had to get mine in holland. on day 1 i had it modded by a friend to cyanogen 4.0.4, which used to work just fine up until a few weeks ago. when i was at home it started to reboot itself (the android-screen, not the T-mob G1 screen). this mostly happened at home, when i was at work it only showed these problems once in a while.
so i started googling.. noticed many people had the same problem. but couldn't find a solution. after a while i decided to re-flash my phone to standard out-of-the-box settings, no more cyanogen etc... no help.
then flashed it to the newest 4.2.15.1 cyanogen mod version, still rebooting... + some new problems...

1st: when i first booted my phone on the new cyanogenmod, it didn't show my dataplan (3G or edge symbol next to clock) and i couldn't register with my google account ==> no contact list :(
i did the last flash at work, where there is no wifi available. there i read on the interwebs that i could register with wifi at home. so when i got home i tried activating the phone's wifi. wifi activated pretty fast & found my wireless router without a problem. a few seconds after connecting to my router (i was still going through the settings menu, looking for my google-registration) the wifi disconnected and phone started to reboot a few times, in the end it kept showing the glowing android-startup screen.

so.. pulled my battery, rebooted and went to wifi menu to disable it. since then it shows 'unable to stop wifi'

so ... no contact list , no interwebs and a phone that makes me wanna bang my head against the wall....

any help plx ?

been reading all over the place (esp google, just recently discovered this webby) and i never really found an explanation that i understand.. i came across some posts about android 2.1 on the G1. haven't really looked into it yet, but is it worth the effort? or only more probs ?

thx!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones