• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A challenge

MrJung

Lurker
Aug 8, 2014
Hello!

Hopefully you guys can help me with a problem. So my friend gave me his Galaxy s3. The challenge of course is that it won't turn on. While he was waiting for his new phone to arrive he was messing with this one, using custom roms and what not but that's all really the details I have and can get.

These are the symptoms. The phone will simply not turn on. No splash screen, no light, no led, nothing. The battery has been replaced and there is no internal damage to the actual hardware itself.

Does anyone have some tips on getting this thing fired up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hello!

Hopefully you guys can help me with a problem. So my friend gave me his Galaxy s3. The challenge of course is that it won't turn on. While he was waiting for his new phone to arrive he was messing with this one, using custom roms and what not but that's all really the details I have and can get.

These are the symptoms. The phone will simply not turn on. No splash screen, no light, no led, nothing. The battery has been replaced and there is no internal damage to the actual hardware itself.

Does anyone have some tips on getting this thing fired up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
who said: With friends like that u don't need enemies :)

Upvote 0
Lol Yeah as DMC says, you could try a "USB Jig" (think they're pretty cheap from eBay)
Theres also youtube vids and online guides on making one. It's a small device you plug into the phone's micro USB to force it into download mode (no guarantee it will work)
From download mode you can flash firmware onto the phone. The previous owner obviously flashed something very wrong as its hard to hard brick (completely kill) an s3 :thumbup:

Reactions: MrJung
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones