• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A cheap way to hide hard scratches but might not be worth it

thelawfull

May 4, 2012
Hid my deep scratch you might not like how the screen looks with it on but if your desperate

Things you'll need
storage bags "i used glad storage"
Tape
Scissors

Step one
Put your phone into storage bag

Step two
Cut an inch away from phone and the rest of storage bag

Step three
Cut off storage bag where your proximity sensor is but not the screen!

Step four
Tuck storage bag behind infront of the battery to prevent fire cut off excess storage bag

Step five
Tape storage bag on battery

Step six
Snap back on hard to cut through the storage bag to snap on

Step seven
Cut off rest excess of storage bag and tape top and bottum of phone

Your phone should look like you rubbed stuff on it and it "should" hide all scratches try it out :) also remember to cut out charging port if its on the side of the phone works best if you use a stylus finger may move bag a little

Reactions: funkylogik
Screen Protectors are obviously the better choice overall, but I hate how they get bubbles if you make a tiny mistake, so annoying, or how they get dusty if they peel. But, I guess the baggie idea is actually useful and kinda clever for the time being.

If you get bubbles it means that you didn't clean your screen enough or that your cleaning cloth has dust on it.

I always make sure to clean the screen properly and I never got any bubbles that way.

Upvote 0
When applying a screen protector I use masking tape and Scotch brand or cellophane tape.

Wash your work surface, hands, and wear a short sleeve shirt.

Clean the screen of the device thoroughly.

Without removing any backers of the new protector, align the screen protector on the device and affix a piece of masking tape along a long edge to secure the protector in position. It will be attached like a flap to the edge of the device.

Flip the protector over and give the screen a final wipe, also wipe the backer of the screen protector you are about to remove as you dont need anything flicking off of it as you peel it.

Peel the protective back layer and flip it onto your device. Gently remove the masking tape if the protector is aligned well.

Look very carefully and gently work bubbles to see if it's really a bubble or a particle trapped on the protector. Remember where the particles are OR if the protector has a removable film to protect the face use a marker and tag any particles.

Tear two pieces of cellophane tape large enough to handle comfortably.

Attach a piece of cellophane tape on the side you need to lift so you can use it as a handle to lift the film.

Lift the protector just far enough to expose the particle, and using a clean piece of untouched cellophane tape, gently wave the tape onto the backside of the protector in the areas particles are stuck so that the cellophane tape grabs hold of the particles and lifts them away.

Lower the film and examine it again.

Repeat for any additional particles and then use a credit card to squeegee out any trapped air.

Be patient, use a new piece of cellophane tape every touch of the film and with a little practice you will be a pro at laying down flawless screen protectors.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones