• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Chromebook or Apple

people are so quick to lash against Apple for a high price on the iPad, but when Microsoft does the same thing, they are perfectly ok with it. double-standard much?

Heck, at least Apple allows you to install Firefox or Chrome, with Surface, you're stuck with Internet Explorer and Metro.

There's no Firefox on the iPad just chrome and even that Apple didn't want that on its device. However when we talk about a surface rt yes that's a flop, there's nothing going for it. But the surface pro, that's more of a hybrid computer than a tablet. There you can install anything you want on that computer. Due to the price there is no reason I would get one, and because it's a mid range computer, and I have powerful desktops with me, there's nothing that it can provide that my desktops can't. It's hard to explain

Upvote 0
Microsoft's problem is a lack of apps. their store is about as dry as BlackBerry World. neither BlackBerry or Microsoft is getting anywhere. so far the only thing keeping the WP platform alive is the quality camera and hardware in the Nokia Lumia series, though it will more likely end up in the same boat as the Zune HD, another piece of quality hardware that hardly saw the light of day before MS pulled its plug.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones