• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A complaint about net10 android and 50 unlimited card A CROCK!

Ok I have a huge complaint and no longer will be planning on using NET10 or this stupid 150 dollar phone, and 50 dollar unlimited use card? YEAH RIGHT

The phone sucks, the 50.00 for unlimited use for the month all are a crock. It is false advertising. I got calls from a guy from Straight Talk, NOT NET10 even, telling me I was over using my UNLIMITED card they kept threatening me and so I am done.

Also I moved to a new town on the second day after having JUST bought a new 50 buck unlimited card and in my new place, had ABSOLUTELY NO bars of signal. So, since April 1st, I have just totally lost 50 bucks for the card for April I bought and the 150 bucks on the phone is also wasted.

I called Net10 and raised cane, was told unfortunately there was nothing they could do.

I am going to also be reporting this entire ordeal with BBB, and anyone else who can help or listen, it ain't right they treat us this way and take our money for nothing.

They used to be great, pick up anytime, anyplace, anywhere I was, no roaming, and bragged that they had the best reception and service due to their "agreements" with all the local company towers that gives NET10 users full permission to bounce off their towers.

Not anymore, I am soooooooo very let down and disappointed with NET10, their advertising, their customer service, their actual service, their lying, the phone, ALL of it!!!!!!!!!!!

I was treated rudely, unkind, and just shunned matter of factually. They do not care that we spent our money on a phone, card, etc for nothing. They are loosing me as a customer as well as all members of my family, along with many other of my friends, their "uncaring" attitude has gotten them broke before long. They used to be in top 10 and now they just suck.

Ok I have a huge complaint and no longer will be planning on using NET10 or this stupid 150 dollar phone, and 50 dollar unlimited use card? YEAH RIGHT

The phone sucks, the 50.00 for unlimited use for the month all are a crock. It is false advertising. I got calls from a guy from Straight Talk, NOT NET10 even, telling me I was over using my UNLIMITED card they kept threatening me and so I am done.

Try posting to their Face Book page. I have done that several times and you would be amazed at how suddenly helpful they are.

Be nice, do not fib or stretch; Just the Facts, Man.

It may not help but it may.

Upvote 0
Take no offense, but chances are, you did not read the entire agreement. Most people do not and it is too bad because there are many interesting things buried in the boilerplate.

There could be a good reason you have issues and the BBB might not help you if you did something you should not have done and covered in Net10 TOS.

NET10 phoneNationwide Prepaid Wireless - Terms And Conditions

They seem to have several ways to screw you up and they are detailed in the agreement in easy to understand Lawyer-Speak.

I found this: "if you behave in an abusive, derogatory or similarly unreasonable manner with any of our representatives . . ." not sure what that means. Apparently, if you yell they can stop your service.

Folks, always read every letter, number and punctuation mark in these agreements and the associated TOS. As I have mentioned before, I am not allowed to use my VM phone for business. Covered in the TOS, but seems likely most reasonable people would never consider that such a provision exists.

Sorry you are having issues. I am a big Cricket and Virgin Mobile fan and I seldom have issues. I suggest trying them. Same general cost and a variety of nice phones.

Upvote 0
I am having problems withn NET10 in just trying to get a new LG35G transfered to working service. I have been on the phone for 1.5 hrs last nite after I received a new sim card. They were very quick to disconnect my old phone but the new LG35 still shows sim not active. they tried to blame a cell tower 600 miles away from me last nite saying the problem would be resolved by 2am. it is now 12 noon the next day.I talked to a service manager today who now says it will be 24 hrs, which is contrary to what I was told last nite. I then talked to April the department supervisor who is saying it will take 48 hrs. I keep telling them that the sim card that they sent is not being recognised by the phone and no matter how long I wait if the phone doesnt see it it will not activate it. after getting no where she now wants to put the blame on AT&T. I am so frustated right now that I am ready to go to a new carrier. any one want a deal on 3 used not 10 LG phones?

Upvote 0
Try posting to their Face Book page. I have done that several times and you would be amazed at how suddenly helpful they are.

Be nice, do not fib or stretch; Just the Facts, Man.

It may not help but it may.
I have posted several times on the NEY10 Facebook page as well as messaged them in Facebook. I get no response from them at all and calling them on the phone is just as frustating.

Upvote 0
Net10 deactivated my data for internet and mms apparently as Ive not had either one work since 2 weeks after I bought the phone back in late Jan. I've called several times to no avail. Im always met with a rude customer servce rep each time NO matter how nice and calm I try to be and remain only to be told that THERE ISNT ANYTHING THEY CAN DO TO FIX EITHER, EVEN THOUGH I PAID AND CONTINUE TO PAY THEM $50 EVERY SINGLE MONTH FOR THE UNLIMITED TALK TXT WEB AND 411.
That or I'm told they will fix it and oh yea my all time favorite....they try to explain how the system will "magically" resolve itself within 24 hours of my adding yet another unlimited services card to my phone. WTH?? Thats another $50 a month I cant really aford

I too cant handle being treated like that from anyone. I've requsted partial payment for services paid for but not rendered, I've even asked if they would unlock my phone to allow me discontinue use of their towers so I may axcess of my zte merit z990g using another cell provider......everything I came up with to resolve this matter was denied and I was even more less threatened by another Net10 customer service rep last night via their corp office with a lawsuit if I were to actually successful in unlocking my phone....she then informed me that its illegal for me to unlock it to carry on another providers network...and illegal to "root" and "flash" my phone (what ever that means)
Im so confused. I buy something and dont get all that I pay for, and now Im not able to use a device that I bought and paid for as I see fit, as its legally mine, due to them refusing to unlock it and threatening me with lawsuits if I do it myself..
Last time I checked, advertising something one way and then not holding up on it was considered FALSE ADVERTISMENT.....and taking someones money for a service and then not providing them with said services was THEFT BY FRAUD!!!

Im a single momma of 2 small kids. My son is disabled and fighting a very serious life threatening disease. I have enough stress and worries already on my shoulders without having to worry about what is going to happen next with this company. They are corrupt as all get out.

What Net10 is doing to its customers is basically stealing from us and then forcing us to stay with them. I honestly dont see how they stay in business let alone are premitted to get away with this kind of thing.

Regardless of said consequences, I cant really afford a new phone just to go to another cell provider, Im seriously considering unlocking my phone anyway. Like I said......it is mine despite whose cell towers it works off of. To be honest, I see everyone else rooting, flashing and unlocking their phones with Net10 .....and majority phone companies (even Net10) take another cell providers devices and configure them with their own cell towers. If everyone else can
....so can I.

As much as this company has ripped me off, I feel Im entitled to go with what ever cell provider I chose with my phone.
Right???? Im so tired of being Net10's victim of robbery!!

Upvote 0
Net10 deactivated my data for internet and mms apparently as Ive not had either one work since 2 weeks after I bought the phone back in late Jan. I've called several times to no avail. Im always met with a rude customer servce rep each time NO matter how nice and calm I try to be and remain only to be told that THERE ISNT ANYTHING THEY CAN DO TO FIX EITHER, EVEN THOUGH I PAID AND CONTINUE TO PAY THEM $50 EVERY SINGLE MONTH FOR THE UNLIMITED TALK TXT WEB AND 411.
That or I'm told they will fix it and oh yea my all time favorite....they try to explain how the system will "magically" resolve itself within 24 hours of my adding yet another unlimited services card to my phone. WTH?? Thats another $50 a month I cant really aford

I too cant handle being treated like that from anyone. I've requsted partial payment for services paid for but not rendered, I've even asked if they would unlock my phone to allow me discontinue use of their towers so I may axcess of my zte merit z990g using another cell provider......everything I came up with to resolve this matter was denied and I was even more less threatened by another Net10 customer service rep last night via their corp office with a lawsuit if I were to actually successful in unlocking my phone....she then informed me that its illegal for me to unlock it to carry on another providers network...and illegal to "root" and "flash" my phone (what ever that means)
Im so confused. I buy something and dont get all that I pay for, and now Im not able to use a device that I bought and paid for as I see fit, as its legally mine, due to them refusing to unlock it and threatening me with lawsuits if I do it myself..
Last time I checked, advertising something one way and then not holding up on it was considered FALSE ADVERTISMENT.....and taking someones money for a service and then not providing them with said services was THEFT BY FRAUD!!!

Im a single momma of 2 small kids. My son is disabled and fighting a very serious life threatening disease. I have enough stress and worries already on my shoulders without having to worry about what is going to happen next with this company. They are corrupt as all get out.

What Net10 is doing to its customers is basically stealing from us and then forcing us to stay with them. I honestly dont see how they stay in business let alone are premitted to get away with this kind of thing.

Regardless of said consequences, I cant really afford a new phone just to go to another cell provider, Im seriously considering unlocking my phone anyway. Like I said......it is mine despite whose cell towers it works off of. To be honest, I see everyone else rooting, flashing and unlocking their phones with Net10 .....and majority phone companies (even Net10) take another cell providers devices and configure them with their own cell towers. If everyone else can
....so can I.

As much as this company has ripped me off, I feel Im entitled to go with what ever cell provider I chose with my phone.
Right???? Im so tired of being Net10's victim of robbery!!
First You should have dropped them in Jan.:(
Second if your using att towers just jump over to another att provider no need to unlock the phone, and third
I would really like to see them try to bring a lawsuit against you, not going to happen.

One other thing this may not be the ideal solution but check if tmobile is in your area if they are they are much better if it requires selling your phone and getting an unlocked one or tmo phone it would still be worth it.
oh and despite what the dumbass told you rooting your phone is not illegal
You can root and flash it legally but there are definitions of flashing that make or border on illegal. You having a GSM phone you would not need to worry about flashing your phone.
Unlocking it to work on tmo towers would be the only worry and even at that since you own the phone and are not paying payments on it it would be perfectly legal to unlock it. You may need to go to att store to have them do it.

Upvote 0
I've had my own issues with them as well. It seems they don't have the most professional customer service, which is very sad.

As for unlocking, it doesn't matter that you own the device. If you bought the device after the DMCA update went into effect (back in January), then getting caught unlocking can carry fines up to 2,500 per device with jail time for being a repeat offender. However, there is a bill going through Congress to reverse this law. It seems to have support with both parties and the president, so getting passed seems certain.

Upvote 0
I've had my own issues with them as well. It seems they don't have the most professional customer service, which is very sad.

As for unlocking, it doesn't matter that you own the device. If you bought the device after the DMCA update went into effect (back in January), then getting caught unlocking can carry fines up to 2,500 per device with jail time for being a repeat offender. However, there is a bill going through Congress to reverse this law. It seems to have support with both parties and the president, so getting passed seems certain.
Remember though the unlocking can be done legally too, such as if you are not using a subsidized phone and dont owe money on it.
The one to unlock it is the carrier, in most cases that would be att or tmobile.

Upvote 0
Remember though the unlocking can be done legally too, such as if you are not using a subsidized phone and dont owe money on it.
The one to unlock it is the carrier, in most cases that would be att or tmobile.

True, the law only says you can't unlock it without the carriers permission. If you get it, or they do it for you, it's legal. However simply buying the device at retail doesn't entitle one to unlock it on your own, which is why there's so much outrage with this law. Even though the carriers would likely grant you an unlock of you buy at full retail, they do have the right to say no and thus you are stuck. Hopefully this law gets overturned soon.

Upvote 0
True, the law only says you can't unlock it without the carriers permission. If you get it, or they do it for you, it's legal. However simply buying the device at retail doesn't entitle one to unlock it on your own, which is why there's so much outrage with this law. Even though the carriers would likely grant you an unlock of you buy at full retail, they do have the right to say no and thus you are stuck. Hopefully this law gets overturned soon.
I fully agree, The way it is now there is nothing to compel the carrier to unlock it and they could tell you no just to try to make you stay with them.

But that is going to back fire on them if they do it.:D:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones