A complete DROID users guide

Last Updated:

1. DDave

DDave Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've seen the DROID users guide online and of course the one that comes with the device. But there are a LOT of things missing and honestly I dont want to have to always "figure it out".

Is there some comprehensive guide available that details EVERYTHING?

For example, I'm useing a widget that came with the phone, I think its the POWER CONTROL widget.

There is one control on there (looks like a REFRESH icon). I have no clue what it does.

Lastly, does anyone know if Moto, Google, Verizon has a feedback forum. I like the phone and it has some really cool features, but I have some feedback (positive of course) to help them improve it.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. blazingwolf

blazingwolf Well-Known Member

The "refresh" icon is actually the sync icon. That button enables and disables autosync.

You can try the Verizon and Moto forums.

Android Devices - Verizon Community

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/google-android/droid

3. DDave

Ah... so THAT is what that is...

Thanks!

4. katahdin

katahdin Well-Known Member

I agree whole-heartedly !! I spent a bunch of time looking for a detailed manual. Very surprised at the lack of documentation for such a product. When it came with a skimpy fold out - I said that's nice, .. .. expecting to find a complete manual online.. :confused:

5. kpenrose

kpenrose New Member

6. DDave

7. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

I have been thinking of writing an ANDROID user guide.

Start with just the basics like, how to turn on your phone, then work up to rooting and other non stock stuff.

There are so many how do I questions, it would be nice to have everything all in one guide.

8. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I have found all of my answers here but then sometimes I need the information again and have no idea where to find it. Example: I tried the ##PROGRAM 000000 thing today which has been reported to help with call clarity. I haven't had a chance to test it yet so who knows. I might decide to change the setting back to the original. At that point (possibly weeks from now) I may not remember the trick. It would be nice if it was in "The Ultimate DROID Guide".

9. AllDroid

AllDroid Well-Known Member

Start writing and let us know when and where we can get a copy. VZW and Motorola have really let us down with a good set of instructions. Maybe they aren't sure how it works either.

10. Bigdaddybost

Bigdaddybost Member

11. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

12. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

I've had my Droid for about 8 days now, and I'm looking to get super-proficient in things like G-Maps, etc.

It would be helpful to have a good map of all the menus and sub-menus, etc. This might be a bit exhaustive.

With all the forums (especially this one, but I'm biased) around it shouldn't be difficult to get input/ideas.

13. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Aileen, a good place to start is the PDF of the owner's manual - it looks daunting b/c of size and number of pages when you first open it (114) but it is in English and Spanish.

I agree, though, that we should start making our own guide- complete with screen shots from the phone (preferably using the default home app and look to not confuse n00bs and prevent questions like "Where'd you get that app?").

Screen shots are always good.

14. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

Thanks- I had downloaded and devoured the user's guide about a week before I actually had the phone. What I was referring to was an in-depth guide with how-tos, tricks, tips, and as mentioned before, a DETAILED "map" of all the menus and sub-menus, etc.

The user's guide only barely scratches the surface of the Droid's capabilities, as we all know.