a couple 2.1 ?'s i havent seen

Last Updated:

1. sanity29

sanity29 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i assume most of us have the new update by now. well first i would like to say that i wasn't too worried about getting it, but now that it's out, i love it.
    however,
    i do have a couple questions on a couple things i haven't seen asked yet. sorry if they were, i did not find them though.

1) in 1.5 there was a way in people -> groups-> menu - there was an option to choose what syncs with google and google to the phone. so you didn't have everything sync to the phone. how can i do that in 2.1? i don't want everything syncing to my phone from my google account. just my contacts.

2) since we have the text to speech, is there an option to have my text messages or emails read to me? or even speak into the phone to have send texts or emails?

thanx for the help guys. and enjoying all that this new update brought to us. no complaints so far.

Advertisement
  2. BlackedOut

BlackedOut Well-Known Member

Handcent has the option for your texts to be read to you.

3. Wingzfan61

Wingzfan61 Well-Known Member

Download better keyboard to be able to speak your texts. It has the mic on the keyboard that the default keyboard is missing

4. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member

I use Hancent and Better Keyboard and love both of those programs. I suggest them both.

5. regression

regression Well-Known Member

I have the same question and haven't found an answer yet....

6. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

Nobody answered the google sync question yet and I'm very curious about that, also I heard all facebook contacts sync. It would be really annoying if my contact list jumped to 800 with people I would never call or text and I didn't have a way of choosing which contacts to sync.

7. Wingzfan61

On your phone go to menu>settings>account & sync>google>select what to sync.

As for selective contact syncing I dont think you can. Easiest would be to create a usergroup and place contacts in the appropriate group.

8. regression

regression Well-Known Member

Are you talking about doing that via the Google Contacts webpage or on the phone? Or does it matter?

9. Slovak

Slovak Well-Known Member

On the phone

10. cbarth3

cbarth3 Well-Known Member

I have asked this same question here

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/81547-all-contacts-vs-my-contacts.html
    With 44 views and no answer.

You can make it so the facebook doesn't show though. Go into people and when under all contacts hit menu and than view and you can select what is shown. Under the accounts and sync there is a facebook option to sync contacts but I am not sure if that will disable any linked contacts.

As for the google contacts I found that going into my gmail contact list and putting a space in the search box will sort all contacts into a My Contacts group and Other Contacts group and you can delete any unwanted contacts quick and easy that way

11. Wingzfan61

Creating groups is easiest done on a pc. I did it for all my work vs party people. Now when I go to my contacts I just use the "groups" tab.