A couple minor issues with my Galaxy Proclaim (Net10)Support

Last Updated:

1. Bayushi

Bayushi New Member

Hi there (first post here).

I picked up Net10's Galaxy Proclaim on 3 Feb, and have been very pleased with it.

However, I've encountered a few snags that are chafing a fair bit. I don't know if these are issues with the phone itself, or if it's an Android matter, but here goes.

1. My roommate sent me an MMS with an mp3 file that I would like to use for the incoming text message alert. How do I move the file from the MMS to the phone and have the phone/Android recognize it and allow it as an option? (Issue Solved)

2. I would love to move some mp3s from my desktop to my phone via the USB charging cable. However, I don't know where on the phone (in the phone's file system, at least) I am supposed to put the mp3 files. Halp?

3. I am still using one of the included wallpapers on the phone. I would like to change the image to one of my girlfriend, but the Android browser does not appear to offer the ability to save an image from the web or Facebook. (Issue Solved)

4. When people on facebook comment on one of my posts, the phone vibrates (Android Facebook application). How the heck do I turn that off?

Adding a fifth issue. Quite possibly the greatest problem I'm having.

5. Most often when I receive an incoming call, I am not actively using the phone. The phone tends to lock out the screen until you finger swipe. (Issue solved)

Problem is

Thank you very much for any help any of you can offer!:smokingsomb:

Advertisement
  2. ThatonedudexP

ThatonedudexP Well-Known Member

Concerning #3, will long pressing a picture not give you the set as wallpaper option?
    Oh, and welcome to AndroidForums!! :D
    Bayushi likes this.
  3. Bayushi

Bayushi New Member

Adding a fifth issue. Quite possibly the greatest problem I'm having.

5. Most often when I receive an incoming call, I am not actively using the phone. The phone tends to lock out the screen until you finger swipe.

Problem is, the screen doesn't unlock when it rings. You can hit the answer 'button' on the screen all you want, but the screen is locked out and you can't answer the bloody thing.

HELP?!:(
  4. 9inchnailer

9inchnailer Member

You have to slide the green phone icon to the center of the screen, or the red icon if you want to ignore the call.
    Bayushi likes this.
  5. Bayushi

Bayushi New Member

thank you!!
  6. 9inchnailer

9inchnailer Member

No problem!