A couple of Desire questons

Last Updated:

1. Arterion

Arterion Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I'm looking at maybe dumping my iPhone in the next couple of weeks and getting a Desire in it's stead, but I had a couple of questions first.

I've read mixed info on here about voice-to-text functionality; some seem to have made it work and some haven't, but to be honest dictating texts or e-mails to my phone isn't functionality I think I'd use.

What I do think I need (and this seems likely fairly basic functionality to me these days, the last three phones I had did it) is the ability to speak to my phone and have it dial contacts, for example when I'm driving- does it do this?

Is there anything else I should know about it, particularly coming from the iPhone? Will I be able to sync my GMail calendar without a problem?

Cheers in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Arterion

Over 40 views and not a single person wants to answer me?

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Yes this works, just called my gf by doing it. Voice to text definitely works. It syncs your gmail calendar and contacts without you even thinking about it, very tight and fantastic integration with google as you'd imagine.

4. Arterion

Thank you lekky, exactly what I wanted to hear. Which network did you get it on out of curiosity?

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I bought mine outright unlocked from carphone warehouse, and put my Orange contract sim in (had a hero with my contract)