A Couple of Issues

Last Updated:

1. nickarcher

nickarcher Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Having had my Desire just under a week, I've noticed a couple of issues.

1) Im based in Manchester, but have been down to Bournmouth this weekend. For some reason the weather widget simply showed the location, but not the weater. However, it was up to date when I checked on of the saved locations in the app. My current location just said 'unable to show' or something.

2) A few times now the phone is locking and making me enter the sim code again. I dont think I'm doing anything in particular to cause this.

3) My daily alarm that I've set isnt going off either - made me late for work on Thursday!!

Anyone got any ideas/answers?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

3 - if you are using a task killer, make sure you don't kill the Clock application.

If you do, the alarm won't be able to function...

3. jason-567

jason-567 Well-Known Member

im in morecambe and i think ive had your weather issue to, i think its just these shitty seaside towns lol, no i think its because for some reason, mainenance or whatever the weather station was offline or somthing
    dunno about 2 - did this start happening after a download or was it just after a random point?
    and number 3 will be what jammy said most task killers will stop the "clock" by default u just need to check/uncheck it depending on the task killer

4. nickarcher

Cheers - that does make sense.

5. nickarcher

1 - Could be - seems to be working again now I'm back in Manchester, but did spend quite some time simply showing 'United Kingdom' and weather (for where I dont know).

2 - Just at random points it does this. It also says it cant find my timezone when I go back in and have to confirm GMT

3 - Yeah - feel a bit daft asking now!

Thanks for all your help. Sure I'll be back..